Tallyfiman Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 Just got this jl300/4 for my mids and highs tryin to see what I could run off this amp really lookin for loud and clear words mostly also for a decent price
MrSkippyJ Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 You are going to get a ton of different suggestions with a question like that. Go out and listen to speakers and find out what you like. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Tallyfiman Posted July 21, 2014 Author Report Posted July 21, 2014 I'm guessing what I'm tryin to find out is what I should get that is fairly priced but still good
philrab Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 Going to have to listen to a few speakers and hear what sounds good to your ears, it's a pretty individual decision. Also depends on your budget. I'm running Infinity Reference (6.5" components in the fronts, 6.5" coaxials in the back) and have a JL 320.4 to throw at them when it cools off a bit. They'll eat up 60 watts rms, and a bit more if I had to give it. Pay attention to your rms power for the amp, match your speakers to that, and listen to a few sets till you can at least settle on what brand works for you. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
White Lightning Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 I'd say of you are running JL amps ... Run JL components Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Tallyfiman Posted July 21, 2014 Author Report Posted July 21, 2014 don't really know to much about the JL components but they seem to be out of my budget right now
White Lightning Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 don't really know to much about the JL components but they seem to be out of my budget right nowThey are worth saving up for ... instead of just going with what you can afford. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
Robert8252 Posted July 21, 2014 Report Posted July 21, 2014 A lot of things I would recommend are double what JL prices are. I know sundown has a set, soundqubed, crescendo, pioneer has a decent set I believe but I forget the model line, I've used the JL C5 components and they weren't bad. Not sure about their cheaper lines. If you have any local shops I would definitely try to listen to a few. Worse case best buy usually has a few to try out. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Tallyfiman Posted July 21, 2014 Author Report Posted July 21, 2014 True I was just seein what's out there tryin to get some in before I put both of my fi 18s in that's what's takin up most of my money right now
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.