Sundown Audio

Gain knob not working, extreme voltage 1 channel only!

adreano17

One channel has extreme voltage. It cannot be turned down by the gain knob. Even if I adjust all the way down to the minimum, it doesn't go down (it hovers at a min of 25v). Amp was smoking at the power terminals. Not a lot (very faint), but noticeable. Brand new amplifier. Please help..

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

The amp is damaged bro. Replace it.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

The amp is damaged bro. Replace it.

You have any idea as to why? I am having a huge problem with this installation all around. The crazy thing is, it was working JUST FINE, then went haywire and unresponsive. The right channel on this amp is still responsive to the gain knob. I really just want to know why?? Was I at fault somehow, or is this ALL dependent on the amplifier?

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

There are any number of reasons why it could have happened, none of which can be determined over the internet. It could be that you shorted that output, that it has an internal problem, that you have a bad speaker on that output or a variety of other causes.

I will say that the chances are it's user error. But again, that's not possible to discern without knowing what you did when you installed it. Also, you gave little of any details about the amp, the vehicle and location or the method you used to install it.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

How did you tune the amp originally?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

How did you tune the amp originally?

DMM on 1khz. That channel was set to 18v, and wanted to get it down to 15. That's when it went stupid. I did switch from HPF to full, and full to HPF during the tone playing. If that makes a difference.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

There are any number of reasons why it could have happened, none of which can be determined over the internet. It could be that you shorted that output, that it has an internal problem, that you have a bad speaker on that output or a variety of other causes.

I will say that the chances are it's user error. But again, that's not possible to discern without knowing what you did when you installed it. Also, you gave little of any details about the amp, the vehicle and location or the method you used to install it.

I have had problems with this system for over a month now. I was TS why one speaker was clipping. I changed the wire on that woofer from the crossover to the woofer and it fixed the problem. When I go to tune it, that's when it started acting stupid out of nowhere.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Archived