Sonic Electronix

Help finding the perfect sub for my car

Hello there,

I would like to build a new subwoofer box for my car.

The speaker should be as loud as possible (preferably 18 inch), good quality and last as long as possible (no SPL and no getting hot).

The dimension of the box also are very important, if possible, please give me a good recommendation for a ported box.

I want to build the box myself and would like to know what wood is best to take.

Wow. Ok. What car? Max dimensions? Seems like your pretty clueless, what's your budget? Electrical? Its going to be damn hard to get an 18 ported in a trunk, just sayin. And 3/4 in mdf is the most common choice for material. Companies to begin looking at:

Fi

DC

Digital Designs

Sundown

Ascendant Audio

etc, etc.

check out the sponsors section of the forum and check out their products. Do some research.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

check out the sponsors section of the forum and check out their products. Do some research.

I did some research, and am pretty interested in getting an Fi SP4 18 inch sub. The Dimensions are given on the Fi's website (6-8 cuft for a ported box and 0.26 cuft displacement), but preferably shouldn't exceed 90 centimeters width and a height and depth of 50 centimeters. I also would like to ask: How do you properly calculate and Tune a port?

Is it better to take the 1 Ohm over the 2 Ohm version? What are the differences? What Amplifier is recommended to go with this one?

I did some research, and am pretty interested in getting an Fi SP4 18 inch sub. The Dimensions are given on the Fi's website (6-8 cuft for a ported box and 0.26 cuft displacement), but preferably shouldn't exceed 90 centimeters width and a height and depth of 50 centimeters. I also would like to ask: How do you properly calculate and Tune a port?

Is it better to take the 1 Ohm over the 2 Ohm version? What are the differences? What Amplifier is recommended to go with this one?

Bro? If you have to ask all these questions, then you should start off with maybe a 10" single voice coil sub @ 4ohm doing 100 RMS with an amp to match that. You can experiment on building a box with that and what to tune it to. At least do the minimum and research more on understanding the basics of car audio, having an idea of how it works will make you better understand than asking without having any knowledge and plus you will learn more.

If you have or are going to purchase a 1 ohm stable amp, and a single sub it would be best to get a dual 2 ohm sub because it can be wired to 1 ohm, if you get a single dual 1 ohm sub it can only be wired to .5 ohm or 2 ohm.

If you have or are going to purchase a 1 ohm stable amp, and a single sub it would be best to get a dual 2 ohm sub because it can be wired to 1 ohm, if you get a single dual 1 ohm sub it can only be wired to .5 ohm or 2 ohm.

You are going to confuse him even more, he

doesn't know the difference btw a 2 and 1 ohm...and who makes dual 1 ohm subs?

Plenty of companies make dual 1's.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

seems to me like you don't know jack shit either. Piss off and let people with experience help the guy. To the OP, go with a dual 2 ohm sub if you wanna run a single sub setup. With that sub you're looking to run atleast a 3k amp to it, along with the 3k you're looking at an upgraded alt and 2 good batteries, maybe 3.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived