Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Should I go with the X12 or the Z v.4?


Syphlyn

Recommended Posts

Posted

Haven't had the opportunity to order my originally planned X12 yet but I just heard about the Z V.4. I know power handling is the big difference here, are their any other factors that come into play between the two? It'll be going in my 2000 F150 firing upwards.

- Which woofer would work better on a SAZ-2000D?

- Will either woofer perform well in this box I had Joe X design with me? http://imgur.com/a/CSfsb

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Posted

The X has less excursion,less distortion,lighter,better efficiency,and can take around 1.5 clamped all day long before the coils get too thermally hot.

The ZV.4 has slightly more excursion,much much higher coil thermal handling by a long shot,they get a shit ton louder then X's, this is pretty much the entry to SPL sub's from sundown. The X or anything copper round coil is usually for daily sound quality purposes. They both get down for what they are. You could use an x or a zv4. Both will work on a saz2k. However, a zv4 might make you upgrade your amp in the future if you can't feed the 1.7-2k RMS.

Posted

all the z4 subs i have heard in person have had a shit ton of power to them. to be honest I've seen 4 and not one had less then a 4k amp to it. I'm.not saying they need that much but they seem to take it just fine.

what are you looking for? pure spl bass or a good Mix of both. not that the x doesn't get loud because it does. but one is a lil more sq while the other spl. if your not planning on adding power id get the x

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

all the z4 subs i have heard in person have had a shit ton of power to them. to be honest I've seen 4 and not one had less then a 4k amp to it. I'm.not saying they need that much but they seem to take it just fine.

what are you looking for? pure spl bass or a good Mix of both. not that the x doesn't get loud because it does. but one is a lil more sq while the other spl. if your not planning on adding power id get the x

I'm staying on 2k I won't be going any bigger in this vehicle and if I decide I want bigger I will in 4-6 years when I'm done with school and have had a good start in life. So for now this 2k will be the most I ever do in the near future.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Posted

If you go X's there is a near mint used pair in the forsale section.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Posted

if you your running 2k.then id go with the x. it's a great sub that gets loud and clean.

right now I'm having a issue that you would have

if you got the z4.

i just bought/got the ct exo 15. and because ups drags stuff behind trucks instead of putting them.in the back of them i am Down a amp.

so my 3000w rms sub is getting 1 ct 1400.1.

don't get me wrong it's loud... really loud! but the sub isn't moving! i mean maybe a half inch back and forth. so all i can do is think what if it was moving! eventually I'll get the other amp and see its potential but.until then i have a stationary suband it's driving me crazy!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Posted

if you your running 2k.then id go with the x. it's a great sub that gets loud and clean.

right now I'm having a issue that you would have

if you got the z4.

i just bought/got the ct exo 15. and because ups drags stuff behind trucks instead of putting them.in the back of them i am Down a amp.

so my 3000w rms sub is getting 1 ct 1400.1.

don't get me wrong it's loud... really loud! but the sub isn't moving! i mean maybe a half inch back and forth. so all i can do is think what if it was moving! eventually I'll get the other amp and see its potential but.until then i have a stationary suband it's driving me crazy!

I avoid UPS at all costs rather go USPS or FedEX. But yep going for the X as I doubt 2k after box rise will be enough to move the sub to it's full potential.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Posted

I've personally seen 2k on zv4 12's clipped to fucking hell and they were moving about 1inch...

And I've seen 4k on my X 12's clean signal and 13.4v full tilt and they move about 1.5 inches unless I unload them.

If you only have 2k I'd reccomend X's if you have any hopes of getting them moving.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...