buddy has 1 sealed which seems louder and lower than my 2 ported

its almost 5 cubes. JL recomends 2.375 each. i have more than that. the output is good, it is only at half power. its getting metered on the 16th. And i can't fit any more cone area in my car because the box already takes up the entire trunk. Anything more than 5 cubes won't fit. the box is 1'' mdf all the way around. I dont wanna lose my backseats its my work vehicle. I would have run 2 zv4s but i already don't have much room to add my second battery when the other amp comes. How is 4.8 cubes grossly inadequate? would u recommend 3 cubes each?

The W7 builds I've seen that get loud use much bigger than "recommended" box. In fact most people that use JL subs in large boxes are generally really impressed.

Do you have pictures anywhere? There may be some other issues at work, but you'd be surprised how much a 12" woofer opens up once you get up to and over 3 cube.

sell it and get something from fi or sundown and be happy.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Your subsonic is at 30hz..

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

check all your coils with an ohm meter, one of your coils may be bad. i had a similar issue in the past when one of my voice coils on 1 sub were blown. it still played and sounded good,but nowhere near were it should've sounded. they should all read 3ohms if dual.

Kick hole in friends sub, at that point you will be louder.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I built a sealed enclose for a single 10 on 200w for someone. Blew the shit out of her 12 in a prefab, because that setup just didn't work for her vehicle or her listening preferences. All of these topics on "why doesn't my system hit hard" and the like are almost always answered the same way: You're enclosure isn't right. Not built wrong, just not right for your woofers, power, vehicle or listening preferences.

Of course, more power will in turn increase your output, but you'd pretty much have to double your power.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Well i guess i'll have to double the power and see what happens. The coils aren't burnt i checked them. I may keep one and sell the other after doubling if that doesnt do it. then go to a bigger box? any recommendation on a box?

Is this similar to the thread your started where you were asking if we can tell how loud you are by how much smoke moves around in your cabin?

No, i'm wondering about the differences of sealed vs ported in general. And why sealed sometimes sounds like its louder and lower. That thread is about smoke moving in a cabin... which is what the thread says its about.

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived