Second Skin Audio

FI AUDIO SP4 Local Shop Bashing.

JAYCEE3RD

So I went to my local shop al&eds today and they asked me have I decided on a woofer yet. I told them I'm leaning towards a fi audio sp4 18 they never heard of it so I showed them some videos on YouTube and they completely said they sound like trash I said Wtf. Now I've got a chance to hear it before my buddy at work sold his and I'm convinced about getting one I guess I'll have to shut them up haha.

JC3rd

Basic nature of those who (in my opinion) lack any good business sense. they were hoping that by bashing on a brand they don't handle that they could sway you into a line that they do handle. A poor practice in my book! Especially after they had already told you they had never heard of Fi. How can you have a complaint against something that you know nothing about????

Like the old saying goes, be careful of the toes you step on today, as they might well be attached to the butt you will have to kiss tomorrow.

That's just another example as to why, one should do his or her own extensive research on any product of significant value they plan on purchasing. Their are those out there who don't care much for Fi, or other mainstream brands, it's just the nature of the beast.

truthsayer

Exactly when I first went to the shop and started purchasing things I admit that I was looking at a all rockford fosgate system but I wanted to kind of back away from the mainstream cause I already had alpine kicker cvr 12's and the L7 15 so I wanted something different.

JC3rd

I like how they said they sound like crap just from a video. Really shows how intelligent they are.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Which al & eds was it I see the installs on YouTube for the Marina Del Ray one and the sure look like they know what they are doing to me. As far as the bashing if they have never heard of them and only heard them in the video you showed them how would they have any clue what they sound like? Sounds like they were trying to sway you to something they carry which is what any good salesman would do. If you go to a cadillac dealer do you think he's going to tell you Lincoln offers a better product if you ask him what he thinks? Hell no he's not.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

They do know what they are doing never said they didn't but to talk about a subwoofer they never heard about is what got me kinda pissed but they do a hell of a job on installing. Not going to say which one.

JC3rd

They must not have internet access because this day and age you would think that someone in the car audio field would have heard of brands that have been around for a few years.

Archived