Sonic Electronix

best 4k monoblock for endurance

Music is dynamic, unless he plans on burping 45Hz at the beach full tilt for 8 hours, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I still say he could downsize his electrical requirements and be better off.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Didn't assume any such said definition of "music" for a party car at the beach...

Read the part where he thinks he needs an 18 on 4kw. That's nota guy who is going to be playing Wayland Jennings.

Refer to post number 8.

You're jumping from clipped 30Hz gangsta rap to Wayland Jennings... what type of beach parties do they have in your neck of the woods?

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

Music is dynamic, unless he plans on burping 45Hz at the beach full tilt for 8 hours, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I still say he could downsize his electrical requirements and be better off.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Didn't assume any such said definition of "music" for a party car at the beach...

Read the part where he thinks he needs an 18 on 4kw. That's nota guy who is going to be playing Wayland Jennings.

Refer to post number 8.

You're jumping from clipped 30Hz gangsta rap to Wayland Jennings... what type of beach parties do they have in your neck of the woods?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

OP, in light of you having a wagon, yeah you could fit a proper enclosure for an 18 back there but I still stand by a good 15" with 3-3.5kW on tap and you'd be golden. Contrary to popular belief, just because an amp has the capability to play at 4,000-5,000 watts, doesn't mean that you need to play it at 100% capacity for 8 hours.

There was a guy in down in Miami that threw one on the beach with a 15" and Skar 2k.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

I haven't decided which 18" sub to run yet

Easier to recommend an amp once we know what sub you want to get. Depending on how much cash you want to spend, Fi SP4 18" or 15" in a proper box on an AQ 3500.1 D would be a good combo. You'd have a nice 4" coil for thermal management, and the sub is very musical. Still reccomend more batteries, but because of the dynamics of music, you're alt should be able to keep up. I've beat my system on music all the way from central FL to Miami, 4hrs, 2200W, stock 150A alt, 13.9V.

~Henry David Thoreau

I think we should help him instead of ridicule him, hell I want to see this when done.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Refer to post number 8.

That was regarding the "music is dynamic" comment.

And really if his goal is to play for 8 hours at a whack he absolutely doesn't need to run a 4" coil sub for the sake of having a 3500W amp when he should be looking for a very efficient woofer with say a 2" or 2.5" coil like could be found on Parts Express that would provide adequate low end on 500-600W. There's no way you need high 140's capable setup to play at your outside "party".

Either way, the absolute best advice so far, if he really thinks he needs a high powered system, or in general, is to get a beefy inverter and run a generator to plug in to like the old manufacturer demo cars all had the ability to plug into 110VAC

As far as the parties up here in Maine, let me tell you a little story about when I moved up here.

First week in town, the neighbor comes by. 5'10 250 pounder, manual labor type guy, chest like a barrel and a beard you could hide a family of birds in. Flannel shirt, overalls, and a John Deer baseball cap.

He says to me: "Hey, there's going to be a little party to sort of welcome you to the neighborhood this weekend.... there's going to be a lot of home made corn liquor, probably a couple fights will break out, then there's likely to be some fucking."

I told him I thought that sounded pretty interesting, and asked who all was going to be there...

He said "just you and me, neighbor".

Whats the point of putting all this in my car to hook it up to a generator, just because I said its a party car doesn't mean its gonna be in one spot for 8 hours and I do most of the listening inside my car.........I like that FI SP4 as well as the price, probably a 15 in a spec box would be best for my wagon?

Refer to post number 8.

That was regarding the "music is dynamic" comment.

And really if his goal is to play for 8 hours at a whack he absolutely doesn't need to run a 4" coil sub for the sake of having a 3500W amp when he should be looking for a very efficient woofer with say a 2" or 2.5" coil like could be found on Parts Express that would provide adequate low end on 500-600W. There's no way you need high 140's capable setup to play at your outside "party".

Either way, the absolute best advice so far, if he really thinks he needs a high powered system, or in general, is to get a beefy inverter and run a generator to plug in to like the old manufacturer demo cars all had the ability to plug into 110VAC

As far as the parties up here in Maine, let me tell you a little story about when I moved up here.

First week in town, the neighbor comes by. 5'10 250 pounder, manual labor type guy, chest like a barrel and a beard you could hide a family of birds in. Flannel shirt, overalls, and a John Deer baseball cap.

He says to me: "Hey, there's going to be a little party to sort of welcome you to the neighborhood this weekend.... there's going to be a lot of home made corn liquor, probably a couple fights will break out, then there's likely to be some fucking."

I told him I thought that sounded pretty interesting, and asked who all was going to be there...

He said "just you and me, neighbor".

LoL. Touché

~Henry David Thoreau

Archived