Sonic Electronix

best 4k monoblock for endurance

I haven't decided which 18" sub to run yet but I need an amp that will run it all night long with no issues, in the 4-5k watt range, my car is a party car so that I can park it at the beach and enjoy it for 8-12 hours on max, I have a JL XD 800/8 that I will put in soon with 8 cresendo PWX's and 8 FT1's (8 more cresendos that are already running) I just cant decide on which 18" and 4-5k amp to run, I have a 240amp custom alt ready to be installed and will have at least one XS power D3400 battery in the back, might just run 2 in the back with none in the front...any suggestions ?

Not enough electrical to play 4-5 k all day.. But when you get more batts or super caps, DC, AQ/SQ, DD, sundown, are all good and proven amps

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

She'd with the electrical aspect. You don't have nearly enough power to even run for a few few songs, let alone hours upon hours. You need to step up you're battery bank or you'll kill any 5K amp you buy and the sub it's connected to from crazy voltage drop.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

U need to do one of two things:

up your electrical

or

downsize your power

edit: I do the same thing as you, go to the beach and let the music slap, but even with my 500 watts and stock electrical I can't play all day. Every hour I have to start the car up and rev the engine a bit to raise the voltage. 5k would be sick at the beach, just be careful doing it. Easy to get lost in the party and forget about your voltage.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I agree with the other posts. You need way more batteries. Even with more batteries you won't make it 8-12 hours running a 4-5k amp... especially not running full tilt.

Good luck to you.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

batteries battteries and more batteries. plus whats the point of having 5k to play at the beach? 2k or less can be heard just fine out side the car. goodluck finding a single 18 that will take a true 4-5k for 8-12 hours as well.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

instead of adding ten more bats...that at 5k won't do much why not add a second alt (or third) or get a generator. any real 5k system will drain even 20great bats in a few songs with the car off.

And as said a single 18 taking 5k for hours and hours... nope! you need to add subs or drop power. unless were not talking about going full Tilt the whole time but still.

i know a kid Who had a nightshade 18 on a m2 5000w amp 240amp alt and 3 bats. full tilt after 2 songs he was in the 11s and 12s and that's with his car running! amp clamped at 3800w and After 20mins of full tilt you could start smelling coil. And that was a $1,200 modded sub. you need to come down to earth a Lil bit

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

4-5kW on an 18" with music, hmmmm

Curious what type of car because a ported 18" is gonna take up a lot of space in a car, and you're gonna need more than 1 battery back there...

You could get a single ported 15" and be loud, something like an Fi SP4 15 or Tantric HDD 15 on 3-3.5kW would sound better/louder than an 18" with not enough space to perform.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

instead of adding ten more bats...that at 5k won't do much why not add a second alt (or third) or get a generator. any real 5k system will drain even 20great bats in a few songs with the car off.

And as said a single 18 taking 5k for hours and hours... nope! you need to add subs or drop power. unless were not talking about going full Tilt the whole time but still.

i know a kid Who had a nightshade 18 on a m2 5000w amp 240amp alt and 3 bats. full tilt after 2 songs he was in the 11s and 12s and that's with his car running! amp clamped at 3800w and After 20mins of full tilt you could start smelling coil. And that was a $1,200 modded sub. you need to come down to earth a Lil bit

I don't remember reading anything where OP said he wanted to have music on with the car OFF. Maybe I missed it

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I don't remember reading anything where OP said he wanted to have music on with the car OFF. Maybe I missed it

Even with the car on you'll want more electrical to run a legit 5k... which as has been mentioned will destroy any single sub pretty fast.

Archived