kingofkustom Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 I currently have 4 p3d2-10 (current model) in a ported blow through bed box with a t1500-1bdcp. It does pretty good, problem is the amp gets real hot and I can tell a dip in performance (not as loud). I've moved the amp tried fans etc. So I've decided on getting a t2500-1bdcp. I'm not interested in building a new box not only will it be a pain to remove, the box is well built, 1.25" baffle bracing etc. Im just wanted some thoughts if the subs will take the extra 125W or not? Oh I have 3 agm batteries, rfc10hb (10 farad cap), mechman 250A 6 phase hairpin elite ho alternator, big 4. Etc. Etc. If that matters. Thanks
TRON Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 Unless your banging at full volume all the time, 125w wouldn't really be a problem. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 How was your gain set on the t1500? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
kingofkustom Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 Unless your banging at full volume all the time, 125w wouldn't really be a problem. That's what I was thinking. Not that it matters since the amps on its way?
kingofkustom Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 How was your gain set on the t1500? No gain at all. No head unit either. iPad 2 30pin out to rfbld line driver into 3Sixty.3 then amps front high, front mid, rear, and sub
Joe X Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 How was your gain set on the t1500? No gain at all. No head unit either. iPad 2 30pin out to rfbld line driver into 3Sixty.3 then amps front high, front mid, rear, and sub All amps have a gain setting, gains setting procedure has to be followed regardless of the devices you are using. Anyways engage the infrasonic filter switch on your current amp.
kingofkustom Posted August 9, 2014 Author Report Posted August 9, 2014 How was your gain set on the t1500?No gain at all. No head unit either. iPad 2 30pin out to rfbld line driver into 3Sixty.3 then amps front high, front mid, rear, and sub All amps have a gain setting, gains setting procedure has to be followed regardless of the devices you are using. Anyways engage the infrasonic filter switch on your current amp. Well my gains on all my amps are turned all the way down completely to the left not even a hair of a turn. If no gain isn't the proper terminology my bad. I don't use the infrasonic filter on the amp my 3sixty is setup with a bandpass filter on the sub 70hz lpf and 28hz hpf Butterworth 48db slope. Are you saying that flipping the switch on the amp will make it run cooler
Joe X Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 As before gains setting procedure has to be followed regardless of the devices you are using, it looks like you are giving a pretty high voltage input signal to the amp, borrow a DD-1 and better not source a signal of higher peak voltage than the max input voltage the amp specifies or you may clip, the DD-1 will show if that's the case. If the audio processor hi-pass is set at 28Hz you should be ok but just flip the switch to test. And yes amplifying very low frequencies can heat up the amp.
pk222 Posted August 9, 2014 Report Posted August 9, 2014 Not exactly the same but I'm running a audioque 1200 on a single p3 10 at 2 ohms. Should be seeing roughly 7-maybe 750 I'm guessing? Haven't had any problems yet in a sealed 4080 box in my g35. Not loud enough for my taste but it's taking the power fine and the cone doesn't get hot. This is also on the older model p3.
kingofkustom Posted August 10, 2014 Author Report Posted August 10, 2014 As before gains setting procedure has to be followed regardless of the devices you are using, it looks like you are giving a pretty high voltage input signal to the amp, borrow a DD-1 and better not source a signal of higher peak voltage than the max input voltage the amp specifies or you may clip, the DD-1 will show if that's the case. If the audio processor hi-pass is set at 28Hz you should be ok but just flip the switch to test. And yes amplifying very low frequencies can heat up the amp. No dd-1 available for use so I stopped by one of my buddy's shops that has a o scope. Signal not clipping. Just like the manual and the guys at rockford tech support claim. The 3sixty configuration wizard sets up your system proprlerly without a clipped signal. Using the amps sub sonic has no effect but I didn't think it would. 30hz at 24db actually let's more lows play than 28hz at 48db. But I didn't think any of this would help since the constant power amps especially the t1500-1bdcp produce a lot more heat than the previous models. I had a non constant power model previously and it wouldly get nearly as hot. But it wasn't nearly as loud. Also I was wondering if the subs could handle the overpowering not why my amps are hot
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.