Stock alternator

New battery

Pioneer 8600bs head unit

pioneer 8604 powering kicker components and kicker 3 ways

Pioneer 8601 running 2 ohms at 500watts rms on a Single kicker 15

Separate 4 gauge runs to each amp

Big three upgrade

Double grounds Front and rear

Mids and highs play fine for 10-12 seconds then they just drop off.

This happens mainly when my sub is on but has happened with it off.

What could be the problem?

Did you set your gains properly?

Also remember those pioneer gm-d series amps are designed, as soon as they detect distortion, they will reduce the output to almost nothing. Try turning down the gains on your 8604. I have the 8604 and it performs great, as long as gains are set correctly.

truthsayer

^^^^^^^^^^^^ maybe i didn't make it to clear. When this happens you are clipping. The amp does not have a protect mode to shut it down. That's why as soon as it detects any clipping-distortion, it automatically reduces the output.

truthsayer

Also remember those pioneer gm-d series amps are designed, as soon as they detect distortion, they will reduce the output to almost nothing. Try turning down the gains on your 8604. I have the 8604 and it performs great, as long as gains are set correctly.

The gain is at normal. (4v which the head unit has 4v pre outs.

Both amps are mounted under rear seat. I was told it's not getting enough power. I need to move the amp closer to the head unit and shorten the rca's???

I'm not sure how moving the amps and shorter rca's are going to help you. If you need more power, you probably need to have 0 gauge power wire. And i'm sure a better battery would help also.

truthsayer

Good info looking at that amp

Both amps are mounted under rear seat. I was told it's not getting enough power. I need to move the amp closer to the head unit and shorten the rca's???

I'm not sure how moving the amps and shorter rca's are going to help you. If you need more power, you probably need to have 0 gauge power wire. And i'm sure a better battery would help also.

Not for under 1000 watts, 4 gauge is plenty and any battery can handle that.

Archived