CleanSierra Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 You don't tune the sealed part. It's sealed.... Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 It does have a resonance though Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
tayodell41 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 Well that's what I don't understand. I sure didn't think you could tune a sealed part. Its the tuning of the 4th that I'm confused about
Raptorman Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 Here is a calculator that will help find a proper tuning point.http://www.bcae1.com/spboxad2.htmAs with everything about car audio, it may work out on paper but work out totally different in person. I plugged the information into it, it spat out 44.08hz as your resonance for the sealed enclosure. So that's what you'd want to tune to, in theory.(This is all assuming 1 cube net per woofer.) 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
CleanSierra Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 The tuning of the ported chamber is just like tuning a regular ported box. You're taking a given amount of airspace and tuning it with a vent that satisfies your port area and desired tuning frequency. So if THAT is to tricky for you, you need to pass on trying to design a 4th order bandpass. It sound to me like you need to WAIT before building anything and read, read, read. The other option is paying someone that's done it and knows what they're doing when it comes to enclosure design. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
tayodell41 Posted August 13, 2014 Author Report Posted August 13, 2014 Thank you Raptorman. CleanSierra, I understand how to tune a regular ported box, I just didn't know if the tuning was the same for the ported side of a 4th order nor did I know what it was supposed to be tuned to. If I pay someone else to build a box then the only thing I would get would be a box. If I build it myself, I would gain a lot more.
CleanSierra Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 Read more before you choose to build then. If you haven't figured out to properly design a bass reflex(4th order), then trying to tackle a 4th order bandpass might be a bit out of reach for you at the moment. There's NOTHING wrong with a simple ported box(4th order) that hammers. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
RooTxBeeR Posted August 13, 2014 Report Posted August 13, 2014 You're supposed to tune the ported section of a 4th order BP to the resonant frequency of the sealed section. You can get a rough estimate with the link provided a few posts up. Or by using several nice tools you can buy, such as a AMM-1 or IM-SG. Even the Dayton audio DATS will do that. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
tayodell41 Posted August 14, 2014 Author Report Posted August 14, 2014 Okay thank you. Working on the design now
hoit Posted August 15, 2014 Report Posted August 15, 2014 readin, readin, and readin... ;-) 2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan 2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm 2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank Singer 220 amp alt
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.