Sundown Audio

• 2 weeks later...

Got the sub installed yesterday and I'm happy with it so far. From what I can't tell the ampere 8" that was in it before can handle more power thermally but the sa can handle more mechanically. Basing this off the fact that I couldn't get the ampere smelly no matter what but I can get the sa smelly off the same power the ampere's coil could take just fine. But once ivput the power to the ampere the triple joint broke but the sa it going strong

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Got the sub installed yesterday and I'm happy with it so far. From what I can't tell the ampere 8" that was in it before can handle more power thermally but the sa can handle more mechanically. Basing this off the fact that I couldn't get the ampere smelly no matter what but I can get the sa smelly off the same power the ampere's coil could take just fine. But once ivput the power to the ampere the triple joint broke but the sa it going strong

let me know if you want a tantric recone for that sa8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The big advantage to the SA-8 v.2 over most 8s that came before, and many of it's peers, is in fact the massive mechanical clearances. There is a full 40mm one-way before hard bottom (well more than the motor can practically drive the cone to). The suspension is also loaded with extra clearance -- mechanical damage is quite difficult to achieve.

Thermally they are very competitive but it is a 2" coil compared to the 2.5" on the Ampere driver.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I've been beating on the sub since I got it and I couldn't be happier with it. I can't wait to pull it and put in the 3 sa15's and saz2500v2

Edited by bighossf150

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s