Looking to switch to 5.1 surround in my room, need some opinions!

Pioneer. Between me, my brother, and my dad we have the VSX-1022, 1122, and 1023. Great receivers and can be had for less than $2-300. Also love my pioneer speakers. The Andrew jones line. I run the towers and bookshelf speakers for surround and surround height with the center channel and two subs. Brother and dad have the bookshelves in similar setups. 5.1 and receiver can be had for less than $450-500.

Stay away from sony receivers as well. Complete crap from the 3 I've dealt with.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Well the receiver got sold before i had the chance to buy it, so i'll just stick with my Marantz reciever, but thanks for the info guys!

You have a Marantz receiver ? How could the thought of a Sony receiver even enter your mind ?

truthsayer

Well the receiver got sold before i had the chance to buy it, so i'll just stick with my Marantz reciever, but thanks for the info guys!

You have a Marantz receiver ? How could the thought of a Sony receiver even enter your mind ?

its older and only has 4 channels and no hdmi, thats why i thought the sony would be better!

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

its older and only has 4 channels and no hdmi, thats why i thought the sony would be better!

It may be frowned upon, but if more speakers is really your goal, you could tie other speakers into the same channel. For example, you could twist two left-front speakers into the left-front channel and two right-front speakers into the right-front channel. I have done this on my old Sony S.A.W. system that only had 2 outputs. I used it for the stereo effect and it is still in working order to this day.

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

• 2 weeks later...

Why need receiver go with Sonus.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg