RooTxBeeR Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I feel like the reason my low end isn't that great, or where I want it to be. Is because of the fact I might have to much airspace with a little bit over RMS. Would reducing the power by either backing the gain off or wiring higher essentially give my low end a little bit better of a loudness? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Ritch40 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 what subs?....what are the box specs?....what amp are you running?......what kind of vehicle?? Those questions asked, i wouldnt think that it could accomplish what your looking to do....but, I am far from being an expert
RooTxBeeR Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 what subs?....what are the box specs?....what amp are you running?......what kind of vehicle?? Those questions asked, i wouldnt think that it could accomplish what your looking to do....but, I am far from being an expert 2 skar ivx 15v1 8.0cuft box tuned 32hz 50sq in of port on a AQ750.1 at 1 ohm in a ford escape 04 On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Smoove Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I'm gonna say your box is too big for those subs and you need at least 1200wrms to properly drives those subs. I think you'd better with 7 cubes and more port.But I am no Skar expert. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
RooTxBeeR Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 I'm gonna say your box is too big for those subs and you need at least 1200wrms to properly drives those subs. I think you'd better with 7 cubes and more port. But I am no Skar expert. Lol them bitches are rated for 300 a piece. I used to have a single one on 500 in a smaller box, had no low end and that thing is DONE from that power. I think 1200 would fry these. Also these are not the v2, they are the v1. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Weigel21 Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 Orientation of the port and subs could well play a part as well. also, I'm thinking you are lacking a bit on port area as well, shouldn't you have closer to twice that.
Guest Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I blame the 2" voice coils Also those two 15's are rated @400W, So I do not see how you are overpowering them with AQ750.1 8 cu ft. box is big as shit too sir
Guest Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 I'm gonna say your box is too big for those subs and you need at least 1200wrms to properly drives those subs. I think you'd better with 7 cubes and more port. But I am no Skar expert.
RooTxBeeR Posted August 17, 2014 Author Report Posted August 17, 2014 They are rated for 300. They are the V1, not the V2s. This is the 3rd time I have said this lol. If I am giving them 750 watts. While being rated for 300 a piece, thats 75watts over RMS. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Smoove Posted August 17, 2014 Report Posted August 17, 2014 My bad, I pulled up the wrong specs. I was looking at thesehttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71690_SKAR-Audio-VVX-15V2-D2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp3799378&gclid=CjwKEAjwpcGfBRDni__JqrTIqx4SJAB9BpSOrtw4MsPaBHDTFrhGSzJVxFSckqvU4STVvNm8kwfmfBoCT1Pw_wcB not at these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71678_SKAR-Audio-IVX-15-V2-D2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp3799367&gclid=CjwKEAjwpcGfBRDni__JqrTIqx4SJAB9BpSO-ZmUPQZZI3icnH21gtpAJq5mOsXepKnmXISTOwdezxoCiJDw_wcB Box is still too big Maximum Ported Box Volume 3.0 cubic feet 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.