Second Skin Audio

What makes a subwoofer really hit low?

dawgs007

Honeslty, when it really comes down to it... it is box design, plain and simple.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

The box is THE factor into playing low, high, with a flat response, peaky response, etc. Get a custom box designed and built and you'll think that you've got completely different subs. A great box makes can make an average sub sound WONDERFUL and a bad box can make a wonderful sub sound like garbage.

Another thing that others didn't mention is this: you have Dual 2 ohm subs. I'm assuming you are wired to a 2 ohm nominal load at the amp. That amp will do 800W AT 2 ohms. The subs are 600W each to get the most out of the amp, you would need subs that are Dual 4 ohm, which would be the P3D4.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

It's the box for sure.

Also, what are your gains set to?

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

It's the box for sure.

Also, what are your gains set to?

gain is simply at 3/11. 4v output from hu.

The box is 16in depth x 13in height x 36in wide

0814140810_zps34e42c3c.jpg

Current Setup: 2002 Ford Focus SE (stock electrical)

-Kenwood Excelon KDC-X397

-Infinity Kappa 6x9's in each door

-Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D

-2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3D2

Backups:

-12" Power Acoustik Mofo-122X in 36hz T-Line box

-Soundstream Piasso P1.1200D

could be the box. Also you're only giving each sub 400 rms nominally if you have them wired at 2 ohms but after rise and other nonsense, your subs are probably seeing 100-200 rms each

like Sierra said, you need two dual 4 ohm subs to wire to 1 ohm nominal on the amp

could be the box. Also you're only giving each sub 400 rms nominally if you have them wired at 2 ohms but after rise and other nonsense, your subs are probably seeing 100-200 rms each

like Sierra said, you need two dual 4 ohm subs to wire to 1 ohm nominal on the amp

would it possibly be beneficial to put one of the P3's in the single ported box rather than the dual box? Then it would receive a full 1200w

Backups:

first off you have been told multiple times to go and so some searching! That is vital to understand your enclosure. It seems that most car audio enthusiast do not want to put in their own work these days and want everyone to "give" them specs and enclosure's instead of actually going out and learning and reading.

Second is that you stated you have no clue what your box is tuned to because you just bought it off craigslist. That is the second issue. After you do some research start with building your boxes.. if you don't have a saw have them to cut the wood for you.

The only way you will being to understand things is by putting in the work to learn it not just going around and asking questions.. once you start putting in the work then you will understand that there is much more to this audio thing..

but then again wtf do i know :unknw: im just a hater

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

first off you have been told multiple times to go and so some searching! That is vital to understand your enclosure. It seems that most car audio enthusiast do not want to put in their own work these days and want everyone to "give" them specs and enclosure's instead of actually going out and learning and reading.

Second is that you stated you have no clue what your box is tuned to because you just bought it off craigslist. That is the second issue. After you do some research start with building your boxes.. if you don't have a saw have them to cut the wood for you.

The only way you will being to understand things is by putting in the work to learn it not just going around and asking questions.. once you start putting in the work then you will understand that there is much more to this audio thing..

but then again wtf do i know :unknw: im just a hater

:ninja:

first off, i have looked into enclosures. Exactly as i have stated in every topic of mine JUST GAINING YOUR OPINIONS. I don't argue with you guys. I don't attempt to prove you wrong. I sit back and absorb. If i sit and read topic after topic of information that i don't understand from the search bar. i'll have questions. That's why i ask here. So they can be answered. Otherwise, just reading foreign information to me will become overwhelming and it'll begin to blur and be a useless effort.

In this topic specifically, i believe i asked which part of a system really makes it hit low. In no manner is that asking to be spoon fed. It's looking to gain opinions and increase my knowledge.

I appreciate you guys' help and opinions immensely. It's just sone people obviously forget they were once beginners and not the pros at car audio that they are now.

End of rant. Lol

Backups:

Archived