Why should i upgrade to a agm battery? really need help

So i just bought my first ever AGM battery is not a real good one but i did alot of research and people have alot of good comments on these batteries, i bought a Duralast Platinum 34 agm battery from autozone and from what i read this battery is the same as the deka's batteries. now here is my questions previous to this battery i had a real shitty lead acid ever last wal mart battery real small battery but voltage did not change at all in fact with the other battery my car would stay at around 14.15 volts in idle and now with this new agm battery i just got it stays like around 13.90 volts and when i turn my system up the voltage drops pretty much the same as the other battery i had. i have the big 3 in 0 gauge with 105 amp stock alternator. was it really worth going from a normal battery to a agm?

are you trickle charging with an intellicharger?

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

I would say yes. It may drop the same but how long can you play on the stock battery before you dip real low vs how long it takes on the agm?

Interllicharger is the name of XS Power's charger. Personally, I use a cheap AGM charger. Is it as good as one from XS Power or Kinetik, no. Does it get the job done, yes. But yeah, some AGMs, when bought new, may need to be charged before installing.

^^or even nightly. I've been told by a few folks that topping off your batts at night never hurts. I've also been told, (since I use xs power batts) that using the XS Power Intellicharger will sync better with the batts to give the best charge possible. Although I'm not sure of the reality of that.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

You should have checked the voltage before installing it, but the other possibility is your vehicles charging system. Depending on how mew of a vehicle you have, it may have a "smart" charging system the lowers the alternators voltage when it detects that the battery as a full charge on it. So if your old battery was shit and couldn't hold a charge then of course your alternator would always be charging it, hence the constant 14v. The new battery obviously can hold its charge so the alternator doesn't need to be charging it all of the time.

Unless you have an older vehicle, then never mind.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I would say the reliability of the battery the construction of it is what your paying for. Lead acid has its limitations as far as mounting. With numbers being equal you should have faster discharge and recharge rates with an agm battery. Also have read people bringing up agms can be fully discharged and lead batteries cannot without damaging the cells. Either way agms are more versatile

Archived