hershy314 Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 Talking with my financial adviser today I learned that if I start doing two classes at a time I can graduate next year (September 2015). I didn't ask how long it would take if I kept it at one class at a time, but would guess it would take twice as long. Right now I am happy, excited, yet nervous and scared all at the same time. Hopefully soon I'll be starting a new job as well. So the next year is going to be a bit busy. Honestly I'm not sure I'm ready to graduate, but I need to if I want to start an actual career. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
MrSkippyJ Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 I am confused why your financial advisor knew more about what classes to take than you did. Or am I missing something here? F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
hershy314 Posted August 19, 2014 Author Report Posted August 19, 2014 He just knows that if I took two classes at once instead of just one that I would get done sooner, plus he has access to my records. My academic counselor will confirm everything later on. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
n8ball2013 Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 do you have a job? A full time job? any other commitments? I take two classes at one time. If you arent the type of person who can float through class because you know the material, you might be getting in a bit deep. Trust me when i say that taking two classes and trying to maintain a sense of personal life is tough. I work a normal full time job and then come home and do two classes. I also spend saturday doing homework. If i actually had to apply myself forget it. I've got a 3.9 just on my own info for hte most part. I barely ever open the books. Can you say the same? Trust me when I say that its not easy. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Ram Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 Just curious, why do you have/need a financial advisor?
LoudBimmer Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 He just knows that if I took two classes at once instead of just one that I would get done sooner, plus he has access to my records. My academic counselor will confirm everything later on.
hershy314 Posted August 19, 2014 Author Report Posted August 19, 2014 N8 right now I'm unemployeed but looking for work. I've done the whole work and be a full time student before. Except I was working two jobs back then. When I changed schools I decided to only be a part time student. But now that I have all this free time being a full time student made sense to me. I understand that it won't leave much room for a social life, but that's ok. I don't have one to begin with. Lol. Ram they assign one to all students. They are there in case we need help with our fafsa and other student financial help. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Souldrop Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 Yeah, depending on the two classes and how much you know of the material beforehand it will be quite a bit more difficult than just going with one especially if you have a personal life and a full time job. On the other side it feels like quite an accomplishment once you get your degree. Although I hope you're not like me and can actually find a decent job lol. edit: saw reply and I would say go for it. Get it out of the way as fast as possible if you have the time for it. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
csshakka Posted August 19, 2014 Report Posted August 19, 2014 If you're a full time student, you should easily have enough time considering that 'full time' student status at most universities is around 12 credits minimum with each class being 3-4 credits. Get it out of the way. Also, don't just have your advisor sign you up for classes...you almost always have a choice. Obviously take classes most geared towards your interest.
hershy314 Posted August 19, 2014 Author Report Posted August 19, 2014 When my academic counselor calls tomorrow or when ever I can choose what classes I want to do together. With the way things are now, being a full time student wont be that hard. Right now all my classes are geared towards graphic design, which is what my degree will before. I do hope I can find work in my field. http://athphotography.deviantart.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/hershy314
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.