MrBigs63' Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 You can use any size rabbit bit, you just need to use a large bearing, so that the bit doesn't go very far in. Set the groove really shallow since all it needs to clear is the width of the carpet. Then you just rabbit around the inside of the baffle wear it will meet up to the port. Basically what will happen is that when you assemble the box you will see this little groove when you look inside the edge of the port. You just spray a little glue in it and tuck the carpet in with a putty knife or something. If you make it the right size, then it will fit really tight and look really good. I can't really give you any exact measurements or anything for depth since the last time I did it I just kind of guestimated. If you need an exact measurement you best bet would be to contact the guy from Car Audio Fabrication on youtube. He has an account on here and you could pm him. I know he uses this technique with vinyl all of the time.
SIDE SHOW Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 not hot glue, glue gun like a paint gun.
dsw422 Posted August 20, 2014 Author Report Posted August 20, 2014 You can use any size rabbit bit, you just need to use a large bearing, so that the bit doesn't go very far in. Set the groove really shallow since all it needs to clear is the width of the carpet. Then you just rabbit around the inside of the baffle wear it will meet up to the port. Basically what will happen is that when you assemble the box you will see this little groove when you look inside the edge of the port. You just spray a little glue in it and tuck the carpet in with a putty knife or something. If you make it the right size, then it will fit really tight and look really good. I can't really give you any exact measurements or anything for depth since the last time I did it I just kind of guestimated. If you need an exact measurement you best bet would be to contact the guy from Car Audio Fabrication on youtube. He has an account on here and you could pm him. I know he uses this technique with vinyl all of the time. Ok.. i think I'll go with that idea.. thanks so much 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
dsw422 Posted August 20, 2014 Author Report Posted August 20, 2014 not hot glue, glue gun like a paint gun. oh.. gotcha.. that aint in my budget.. maybe one day.. thanks though 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
MrBigs63' Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 Your welcome sire. Glad I could help. I wish I could get you a picture of what I am talking about, but I don't know how to make one on the computer to upload here, and my scanner is back home so can't draw one. Like I said if you can get a hold of Mark from Car Audio Fabrication he will set you straight.
dsw422 Posted August 20, 2014 Author Report Posted August 20, 2014 Your welcome sire. Glad I could help. I wish I could get you a picture of what I am talking about, but I don't know how to make one on the computer to upload here, and my scanner is back home so can't draw one. Like I said if you can get a hold of Mark from Car Audio Fabrication he will set you straight. ok, no problem... ill see if i can contact him.. thanks again 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
BigManAC Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 One glue that would deffiantly hold it down is PL Preminum, but I'm not sure how it will look or if it will ooze through the carpet. I wouldn't do a entire box with it but if need be just around the port area. Just a thought. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
MrBigs63' Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 Some quality CA glue like some mobile solutions gel might work well also, but you would still have to worry about fraying.
redwolf2 Posted August 20, 2014 Report Posted August 20, 2014 You could always fold them into the port about an inch all around, and then put a little 'glass resin on it? Also be careful what you put CA glue on. Likes to cause exothermic reactions with some materials (ask my jeans)
dsw422 Posted August 20, 2014 Author Report Posted August 20, 2014 i have some rhino glue.. i used that to repair a convertible where i let go of the back glass.. and i think the carpet i have is pretty durable and wont fray(too easily).. got it from a local guy, $7.50 per yard 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan Factory Sony 10 Speaker Sound System 1994 Ford Bronco Dual head unit (i kno) Sony door speakers Kenwood Rear Speakers Custom Center console in the works. will house an NVX NSW10" https://m.facebook.com/WinnsCustomCarAudio/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.