Not looking to do anything in the way of major modification or performance upgrades to this. Vehicle is strictly an A to B car.

'99 VW Passat 1.8 Turbo. Issue is.... Can't hear the turbo at all and it's kind of a bummer. Now I don't really know anything about turbo cars and how they quiet the noise, but I want that "wsss" sound, for lack of better terms LOL. Again, not looking for performance or anything, just looking for the sound because I like it

The sound you're looking for comes from the waste gate.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Spool sound. Never really cared about blow off sounds one way or another

Other than increasing the boost, which is a bad idea, I think that's only reason you'd be able to hear it if more pressure is being made.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

It's weird because.... You can't hear it. Like.. At all. TBH can't really hear the engine much in general. Really quiet - one of those cars you need to mind your gearing because it won't complain at you with the motor at 5k if you forget to shift LOL

I bet that half of the "whine" comes from the manufacture shaping the compressor wheel a certain way to make it loud. In your case, they obviously don't want that so they design it to be silent.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Archived