Yeah good point. I had no clue how much those actually were worth.. But ever since that little G-Shock scam I got sucked into, I triple check anything I'm consider buying before I actually buy it..

Sadly though with the internet, today's audio forums, having internet capabilities on your phone, and other various ways to research an item people shouldn't really get sucked into these things.

Especially if a guy says hey come out to my car I got something better and it retails for $3100, and your able to talk him down to $450 which is over 6 times cheaper than he claims it retails for you should have the common sense to say this is not right. Something is fishy here.

Then buying something audio related without even getting to demo it before you buy it. Thats why Stereo and Audio shops have display rooms/boards so you know what your buying and you can make an educated decision based on its price, sound, and how it compares to another unit.

For all you know this guy that sold these items could have been suckered in too and researched it when he got home, and now he is trying to sucker another person into it just to get some of his money back.

This. If you come across something worth X amount, and you're able to talk em down to 6x cheaper? Something ain't right. Would you be able to go to a Mercedes dealership and "Well, I really wanted a Lambourghini. I'd consider a Mercedes if you're able to go 6x cheaper."? Go to a Lambourghini dealer and "Well, I really wanted a Koenigsegg Agera R, but I'd consider a Sesto Elemento if you lower the price by 6x"?

There's typically always wiggle room, as if they want to make a sale (even on a home theatre system), they'll haggle with the price a little. Find some promos, discounts, something. But $3100 system? For even $1000? No way Jose. Thanks for the laugh.

Sheena = pedobear

Yeah good point. I had no clue how much those actually were worth.. But ever since that little G-Shock scam I got sucked into, I triple check anything I'm consider buying before I actually buy it..

Sadly though with the internet, today's audio forums, having internet capabilities on your phone, and other various ways to research an item people shouldn't really get sucked into these things.

Especially if a guy says hey come out to my car I got something better and it retails for $3100, and your able to talk him down to $450 which is over 6 times cheaper than he claims it retails for you should have the common sense to say this is not right. Something is fishy here.

Then buying something audio related without even getting to demo it before you buy it. Thats why Stereo and Audio shops have display rooms/boards so you know what your buying and you can make an educated decision based on its price, sound, and how it compares to another unit.

For all you know this guy that sold these items could have been suckered in too and researched it when he got home, and now he is trying to sucker another person into it just to get some of his money back.

Can you say another price and not $450 please?

SOL. Sorry for the scam, maybe like Brian said, go to the store and ask but you may have to have the Police with You. I seen on "Hard Core Pawn" where they would not let the victim see the guy who stole the laptop because it would be them held reliable if the victim went and did something to the person who stole the item(think that makes since).

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

(1) Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D

(1) Alpine 1242D 12" Type R ported 32-35hz

Rule of thumb for next time: If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

i am hoping this is a troll...... no way some one is this gullible... especially if you carry a smart phone around with you

People get heisted like this all the time. It happens, you just have to learn not to trust people and realized everything needs to be at least looked into. While people criticize big box stores, at least going into one you're not going to get "scammed" like this.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I have been into home audio longer than car audio. So when I was reading your excitement I was thinking "bubble will be bursted in 3.2.1...."

Police probably won't do anything since you willingly paid them.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Now if someone want to sell you paradigm at that price that's a different story.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I thought for sure when I was reading the op, that uknew this was a scam and was going to declare it any second not buy a second one.

Op, you liked it's sound until someone told you bought junk.

I first read the title, got confused, I read the text and I was like: "hmmm, this sounds very suspicious"

When I looked at the box I knew it was a scam. (and I've never even heard of that brand/possible scam)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived