Second Skin Audio

2011 Camaro SS 4th Order help

ktm300

I will be running 3 Ultra Audio 8s, on 2.5k. Amp is in the mail! The subs like .5-.75 for sealed according to Ultra Audio

Right now im hoping to not have to cut up my car to fit a box, so porting a 4th order through the rear deck sounds like a good idea. The factory 6x9s will get tossed in the trash.

The trunk will fit 46" wide, 18" deep and 16" tall. That leaves me just enough space for minimal luggage etc. More then likely I will have to build it in the trunk so that's another level of fun.

Any advice or maybe any better ideas then a rear deck ported 4th order?? My goals are to play low and move some air, I mostly play decaf and rap/hip hop. And this is a daily driver so i can trade a little bit of SPL for a more broad response.

I heard 3:1 is a good starting point but honestly I'm looking for help building a box or even a solid box plan and I can figure out how to put it together.

Thanks

If you are going to end up building the box in the trunk do yourself a favor and get a Kreg jig. You can dry fit the box together outside the trunk using just screws, when everything is how you want it you can just take the screws out, take the box apart, and then screw everything back together this time with glue in your trunk.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

The opening of that trunk is tiny as fuck. My girlfriend has a 2013 and I couldn't fit a box in it(weird dimensions) for 2 10s through the opening. You'll have to get creative with the design our build inside the trunk.

I can't wait to see what you come up. I know what I have planned for hers and it will be unique

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The trunk is a decent size, but the opening is very small. So building inside the trunk is probably the only way to I'm going to fit anything. I had someone suggest using fiberglass, that sounds like a potential mess all over the interior.

The box will be tiny for 3 of those subs. You won't need to worry about doing fiberglass. The height and depth of a box for a Camaro will be small so you won't have any problems for the box at all. Yeah the 4th order bandpass will take up more room than just a standard ported box, it won't be that large though.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I've done a little more research, it seems like 26/56 will be a good starting point for tuning. I'd like to play low and loud. So a slightly peaky box won't really bother me.

With the dimensions listed would anyone be able to help out with a design? My local box guy isn't answering his phone so I would like to try building this on my own. I'm having trouble calculating aero ports, seems like the online calculators are all set up for slot ports.

I've done a little more research, it seems like 26/56 will be a good starting point for tuning. I'd like to play low and loud. So a slightly peaky box won't really bother me.

With the dimensions listed would anyone be able to help out with a design? My local box guy isn't answering his phone so I would like to try building this on my own. I'm having trouble calculating aero ports, seems like the online calculators are all set up for slot ports.

PSP Industries has an aero port calculator on their site. That's what I'd use honestly.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived