Jump to content

Help me pick an 8" sub


Recommended Posts

Posted

It will actually be a pair of subs. Single cab pick up truck with limited space behind the seat. Looking for a nice little sub that can get loud. Power will come from the sub channel of my GS Redline 3 channel amp. BS rated at 1,000 watts for the sub channel into one ohm. It is currently pushing a pair of 12" IA Lethal Injections quite nicely ran at 2 ohms, so any of the subs on this list will work.

Alpine Type R $120
Arc 8V3 $150
Image Dynamics ID8 $100
Incriminator I Series $95
JBL GTO $80
Memphis $120
Dayton HF $105
Dayton HO $115

I am ok with the prices of all these subs. Any pair of these can be wired to show my amp either 2 or 1 ohm, I am not too worried with the impedance load. My main concern is the ability for these little bastards to be heard and be clean while doing so. This is a 40 year old truck they will be going in, so I have no intentions on winning any competitions with this set up, on want to enjoy some tunes while cruising. Which of these subs would you pick, and which would you exclude, and why?

Thanks for your input.


, ___! !__ ,*"*..*"*,
/\_______\" ._. "
|_|_[]____|-|-|-|-|-|-
., ' ._. ' , ' ._. ' ,
" ._. """""" ._. "


————————————————
w2.jpgw1.jpgw1.jpgw.jpgw1.jpgw1.jpgw2.jpg

Posted

id probably do some research and pick which one you tihnk will work best for you. Its all opinion and testing.

i could knock that list down to about 3 subs in a second.

Posted

And locking in 3....2.....1......

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

Just out of curiosity, why no sundowns? The sd 8s are shallow but still awesome, you might even be able to fit the sd-10s. Also the e 8s are sweet.

From that list they would all do fairly well. I have been wanting to try those daytons for awhile so that's what I would go with. Of course the ID is another I've wanted to try. I dunno flip a coin and buy them.

Posted

Anybody ever heard of a Vs. Thread??? Does anybody read the rules?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

I just purchased some Soundqubed 8's. I love them. They sound amazing in my Truck. I need to do a new build thread

Sometimes, you get the Bear. Sometimes, the Bear gets you.

Posted

no vs threads

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4887 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...