Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure help 4 12s


Recommended Posts

Posted

7.2 cf is with the seats up, so you basically have about:

**17-18" from the cargo floor to the back of the seats

**22-24" from the back of the seat to the back of the car.

**26-30" from side to side, pilar to pilar.

These are rough guesses!

The 16.9 cf is with the seats down.

You're probably not going to have room with a ported box for four 12's AND room for the amps.

May want to reconsider the design again. Do a bandpass box with 2 12's. The acoustics in

those small cars will enhance the bass notes.

Back in the day, when the 1990 Eagle Talon came out (the original eclipse) , alot of people were doing bandpass boxes and they sounded quite impressive!

If you are new to this, you're going about it the wrong way. You're putting the cart before the horse.

Like REH said, consider your electrical FIRST and some deadener, you'll be plenty loud before you know it!

-Frank

Posted

Man I posted a long ass paragraph explaining a lot for me to realize I wasn't signed in and it didn't store . ??. Basically what I was saying was I thought about electrical and deadner Yada Yada . I just wanted to see if it was doable and I can see now that it's not. So it's a lot more that was said but I don't remember it lol, anyway as stated in the first post about the subs I was getting . Now if I can get 2 12s that have same output or louder as the 4 than that'll be great. Cause I'm a low low person so if I can get 2 in the price range of the 4 built for lows than that'll be gladly appreciated

Posted

Man I posted a long ass paragraph explaining a lot for me to realize I wasn't signed in and it didn't store . . Basically what I was saying was I thought about electrical and deadner Yada Yada . I just wanted to see if it was doable and I can see now that it's not. So it's a lot more that was said but I don't remember it lol, anyway as stated in the first post about the subs I was getting . Now if I can get 2 12s that have same output or louder as the 4 than that'll be great. Cause I'm a low low person so if I can get 2 in the price range of the 4 built for lows than that'll be gladly appreciated

All subwoofers are built for these "lows" you're talking about. Put them in the right enclosure and you'll be happy.

Posted

Some subs will work in less space some in more, so when you know how much space you actually have then you pick the right subs not the other way around, for example DC audio 12s can work in 1.5 cubic feet net, quite low space requirements.

Posted

Deon, were here to.help with our input. Do not get hung up on how loud something is. Having clean lows is just as important. If you over power the front stage your system will sound bad......as in horrible. one of my first posts was my gf's son's install. his truck is not only loud but the clarity......shit.........his friends ENVY him.....thanks to me. He's 19, no way he could have purchased what i gave him.

Do not worry about loudness.

-Frank

Posted

Deon, i was talking to my gf about this thread as we are heading to bed....anyhow......i looked up the stock alty.rating. Highest rating is 110 amps. guess what man,......youre limited to about 100 amps without the headlights dimming realistically. even if you buy an amp with a 150-160 amp fusing, you'll never see high watt output due to wimpy stock alternators.

Good night!

-Frank

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2891 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...