Well this is long overdue and for that I apologize. A few months back I hit up forum member Flashlight_65 asking about some Kydex mag holders. I've recently gotten into shooting pistol matches similar to IDPA and USPSA and realized that the single mag pouch I was using was woefully underperforming when I had to reload from a pocket if I needed that extra reload. For those of you in the know that happens often. Through a six stage match, there are at least 2 with 2 or more reloads.

With that being said, I started my search and none quite met my needs. I really only needed a double mag pouch but wanted the third for peace of mind. I'd rather have too many rounds than not enough for a stage. Since there was nothing on the market for that I hit up flashlight asking if he could make it. He said of course he could make it but didn't recommend it and filled me in on why. So he talked me into a dual and a single to use as an emergency reload on those rare occasions. This is what I've been working with.

My standard match load

20140830_160823_zpsiiww412l.jpg

Thats 4 glock 34 17 round mags

Glock 34

Bladetech Revolution holster

dual and single mag pouch

20140830_160902_zpsihvv6gif.jpg

This is a picture with the carriers loaded up and the mag that is for my initial string. As you can see there is more than enough purchase there to grab and draw the mags but also more than enough to keep the mags in place

These are top notch. The gun club Kydex was a nice touch as I originally just asked for plain black. It's cool to have that when no one else does. Quality is top notch. Nice tight fit on my belt and no side to side wobble. They are comfortable. You don't realize they are there. Secure and allow for an easy draw while retaining the magazines under full tilt run. This is a big thing because if you drop a full mag its a -10 penalty and can be a match dq. All in all they are exactly what I'm looking for at a great price no less.

I would do these again in a heart beat. I would have had him do a matching holster but I'm not about to send him my 34 to do it. lol. I'm sure he wouldn't mind though and the bladetech is specifically designed for matches. Next time I need anything Kydex related I know who I'm getting a hold of.

If you guys want I can get them on a belt and show how the fit is and maybe do a draw video for you too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

SO this is slow as fuck as far as I'm concerned. Big difference between doing it at a match and in my basement for no good reason. I also wanted to try the different pouches in a different order. I usually do the single up front. I'm going back to that. It's pretty obvious when I fumbled the grip each time. I need to get this down to sub 5 for all three. It was around 6. and then I can work on sub 4. As you can see they release fine and click into place.

And I didn't show any gun grip or anything but it's from draw to sight picture, reload sight picture reload sight picture. etc

http://youtu.be/XApIavP7SLI

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived