Second Skin Audio

Need box design for L7

Dan2427

My lap top has been down so I don't have Torres but I got a free L7 sub it's gotta be early 2000's model still a square sub, it's just going in my beater car 2004 grand Prix But I got enough shit laying around the shop to build a box I also got a left over 4 inch full length aero port I haven't used yet. Power is yet to be determined I'm searching craigslist for something just cheap but I'm positive it will not be over 1000 watts because I don't wanna mess with electrical in this car. I have like 2-300ft of knukonceptz 1/0 cable it's CCA so I will use 2 runs just cuz it's laying around. The sub will need to come out so I won't be sealing it off from the trunk. My max dimensions are 35 wide, 16 tall, and 25 deep. I'd like it to more wide then deep so it sits in between the wheel wells. I have a sheet and another half sheet of 3/4" MDF the aero port is 18 from flare to flare and the middle portion is 12" long. I would like to use this aero port and tuning around 33 would be great! Thanks in advance.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Lol. My bad. I was trying to be as detailed as possible, but it's a 12.. Looking back reading my post it's kinda hard to read, sorry about that I will try to fix it later!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

A single 4" round port is low port area for that sub, if want to try it, no prob.

In case you also want to try one with a slot port here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 2 7/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

1x_L712.jpg

L515pic_zpsa2e8a691.jpg

Thanks joe! What is the port area for the aero port? And total port area for the slot port?

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

Archived