Best beginner comp to attend?

4bannger

I've never been involved in any car shows or competitions and not really sure where to start with it. I've been reading through some of the rules on meca and iasca. I'm totally confused as to which on I should start in or what "class" I would fall under. And as to which comps I should do as far as park and pound, spl, ground pounder, loud and low. They are limited by the equipment you have even down to how many fuses I see on one site

I'm going to have a "c" pillar wall

Subs: (4) sundown e 15's

Box type: ported

Electrical: stock alternator, stock battery, and 1 deep cell battery in rear (for now), 3 fuses

Amp: (1) soundstream ta1.3000d

If you need an other info to answer the question please let me know. I'm not looking to win comps or take home trophies but I think it would be really cool to do and be a part of.

MECA is the best for someone just starting off in competition. Classes are on a points system using fuse ratings and cone area. Manipulation of fuses can get you into the correct class. Changing a fuse is easier than changing amps or sub sizes. SPL for MECA is a burp only class which means it is based on the loudest your car go within 30 seconds. The judge will normaly will have a clinic availablle and do some basic tests to get you to your maximum number.

IASCA is bit more advanced as the focus is more on vehicle,build and cone area.

Best advice just go out and have fun. The head judge at any organization will help you as much as possible to get you as loud as possible. If you get the bug there is plenty of people out there willing to help you get louder. Hope this helped.

MECA is the best for someone just starting off in competition. Classes are on a points system using fuse ratings and cone area. Manipulation of fuses can get you into the correct class. Changing a fuse is easier than changing amps or sub sizes. SPL for MECA is a burp only class which means it is based on the loudest your car go within 30 seconds. The judge will normaly will have a clinic availablle and do some basic tests to get you to your maximum number.

Best advice just go out and have fun. The head judge at any organization will help you as much as possible to get you as loud as possible. If you get the bug there is plenty of people out there willing to help you get louder. Hope this helped.

Thank you. That did help. I will just look for the meca comps in fl near me and just see what it's all about.

Thank you. That did help. I will just look for the meca comps in fl near me and just see what it's all about.

Man you are in FL? I am sure there should be some IASCA shows near you. If anything you should go to Sprint Break Nationals next year it is normally in March/April. That is one of the bigger shows in the country. and normally has IASCA, MECA and DBDRA. Just talk to the judges and competitors and see what class you may be in.

nice I just started looking at this. I am in the same boat, have never gone to a comp or competed obviously.

Looks like my install would put me in the street-mod or mod classes in MECA though. Thats an eye opener.

If you are talking about for the SQ side of things it really comes down to what mods you have done to your front stage. Door pods, Kick Panels, A-Pillars, etc....

nice I just started looking at this. I am in the same boat, have never gone to a comp or competed obviously.

Looks like my install would put me in the street-mod or mod classes in MECA though. Thats an eye opener.

If you are talking about for the SQ side of things it really comes down to what mods you have done to your front stage. Door pods, Kick Panels, A-Pillars, etc....

Not to jack your threat OP,

Kimo- Right I am starting to see that. I was thinking about doing a pillar mounted pod for tweet and mid and midbass in the door but I think that would kick me out of two of the classes. Also my headunit with EQ/TA/Crossover apparently would disqualify me from stock and street. Now I am thinking of a two-way setup instead.

Depends on the H.U. How many bands of eq do you have? I believe it is a 7 band allowable in Street Class.

Pods in the a-pillars put you Modified but, under certain restricitions.

I finally got my car playing music again. Had a blown horns and amp and finally got them repaired and installed this weekend. Now on too the tuning...... this may take some time.

Archived