Souldrop Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 I was just curious if anyone had happened to hear any of the new nakamichi units in action. I want to buy one, but am somehwat skeptical. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_291NA780/Nakamichi-NA780.html?tp=5684 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
BigManAC Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Im not too sure about the brand but for that price there are way better headunits out there. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
CleanSierra Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Im not too sure about the brand but for that price there are way better headunits out there. Do you even have a clue about Nakamichi? Like have you ever heard of them?!?! Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
OrionStang Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Im not too sure about the brand but for that price there are way better headunits out there. Completely retarded answer. If you don't know the brand, how can you comment? Nakamichi head units are good quality units. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
CleanSierra Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 OP, for the price, I can't help but wonder about the legitimacy or authenticity. I also would worry about quality holding a candle to the original Nakamichi units. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
BigManAC Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Well I was wrong, sorry OP for the mis-information. Yeah that is true, next time ill do research before I reply 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Souldrop Posted September 6, 2014 Author Report Posted September 6, 2014 Yeah, that's my worry. Nakamichi was a good name, but in the past few years has it been farmed out and the name thrown on meh decks? I was hoping someone had tried one out. I'll give it a couple days and hope someone can chime in. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 OP, for the price, I can't help but wonder about the legitimacy or authenticity. I also would worry about quality holding a candle to the original Nakamichi units. I think they got bought out by a Chinese company in the early 2000's so I also doubt the quality will be anything like the old school stuff especially with the cheap pricing. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Souldrop Posted September 6, 2014 Author Report Posted September 6, 2014 Well after some digging it appears to be the same chinese parent company (Phonic Electronic) for Sansui, JVC, and Phillips. Glad you mentioned they were bought by a chinese co. 1997 Lexus ES300 HU - Pioneer MVH 7350 Processor - Helix DSP Front Stage - JBL P660C Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4 Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12 Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1
CleanSierra Posted September 6, 2014 Report Posted September 6, 2014 Kenwood owns JVC currently, at least the car audio side of things. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.