Precision Power PPI BA7000.1D Gut shot

BassMonkey

Because you're the one trying to proclaim them as Better than they are. Are you that lazy that you want everyone to hand you answers or are you that bad at Internet research

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

when i talk to my shop they say that they quit ppi because they're shit, but yet the offer the aforementioned brands!

Aforementioned brands were always shit though and if a customer knew anything about audio they knew that. Tough to explain to customers why you no longer recommend a brand that was one of your top end. Also tough to stay excited about the product line and show any enthusiasm at all toward it. At that point they'll probably buy a different decent brand anyway if you recommended one, so why bother?

We dropped PPI at the end of the Art series, well before the sale to DEI. Too many competing brands on our board and we didn't care for the next gen stuff as much.

Static drops are my bag.

Because you're the one trying to proclaim them as Better than they are. Are you that lazy that you want everyone to hand you answers or are you that bad at Internet research

are you that bad at reading, or just too lazy to finish the whole post? it was a joke that perhaps went over your head, and you would've seen that if you finished the entire paragraph. or maybe you just didn't understand what was written. who knows, who cares? I'm not tryin to start a war over this, hell i don't much care for ppi anymore either. it is possible that they're so cheap now because the big corporation that owns them can provide parts cheaper because they buy more of em, kinda like walmart. everybody thinks they sell low quality stuff cuz it's cheap yet you can find the exact same things at high-end retailers that cost twice as much. are you one of the people that would buy it at the popular store because it costs more so it must be better? or would you research and see that it's the exact same thing, and go wherever's cheaper?

I read the whole paragraph I know the whole back story behind them. Bottom line is you're flat out wrong every time you post. The only part you got right is dei bought them like a decade ago

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You can be that far off, each type of component used comes in many different quality levels hence adding to the cost of quality amps with quality components used vs the cheap stuff.

Also some manufacturers are little more lax on the quality control than others this also effects the cost.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

but there's really not much to a capacitor, diode, resistor, transformer, mosfet, etc.. like i said there's not many manufacturer's of these components and they're pretty much made of the same thing. it's not like one has a higher quality silicon or copper or whatever, so why do you think a cap in a sundown is a different quality to a cap in a pyramid? aside from the specs, I'm talkin the quality of materials on the inside of these products.

Like talking to a brick wall you are.

Is it really so hard to wrap your mind around the fact that some companies use inferior products to produce their products at a lower cost?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

That's exactly what they are saying. Is that each component inside the amps have different levels of quality. Think of it like wood. All wood is wood but it's made up of different fiber density, orientation, hardness extra. Some of it comes down to quality control. There is a reason more expensive amps are more expensive, it's because they are making the effort to put the best products in their equipment.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

i completely understand the use of lesser-quality components. what I'm not seeing is a real difference in the internal composition of these components. that's what I'm trying to point out, is that there's really no difference. you can clearly see that there's a much better design in a sundown compared to a pyramid, but i will bet anyone on here that you could pull some components like resistors, diodes, capacitors and mosfets from a pyramid and put them in a sundown and have no difference in the output. i would try it, but there's no way i would hack-up my scv2000. plus i don't have a pyramid amp either. but you get my point, right? i see you guy's points, but I'm sayin that there just isn't much to the internals of the small hardware to be a high or low quality difference. they're all made the same way with the same materials. my brother worked for an electronics manufacturer for a few years, he seen alot of components go into expensive products and cheap products and they where the same pieces. there was a box of capacitors, not 2 with one labeled high-quality and one labeled low-quality. do you get me yet?

Archived