Precision Power PPI BA7000.1D Gut shot

BassMonkey

Yet again you are wrong. But yes we get you you want to be right about something

There are maybe a handle of companies still building amps in the us. Your sundown isn't one its Korean. That's where a large majority of amps that people consider quality come from. Others come from China and a few more come from Brazil.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Would you buy a house made from inferior materials, with the labors who built it unsupervised skipping every second screw or nail to save time and money for the company?

I mean...it's cheaper... Not like you needed marrets on every connection. And I mean.... Those splitting 2x4s and structural beams aren't a big deal because you don't know any different and they're covered up right?

I suggest you listen to the knowledge on here, there's a reason you're on this forum.

i really don't think you guys know what you're talkin about when it comes to this small hardware. every component in any amp is made from the same materials. there is no better material in a sundown capacitor vs. a pyramid capacitor. it just sounds like you guys don't want to be wrong and accept the fact that a brand-name that everyone bashes may not be so bad after all. i can except defeat, i will admit when I'm wrong. so when you show me that the diode in a high dollar amp is made of better or even different materials then one from a cheap amp, i will admit to being wrong. but you can't, cuz they're not. thank you, and please do some research before trying to argue about something that you obviously don't understand. and again I'm talking about the internal composition of componentry, not the build quality of the amps (the amount of solder on board, etc.) or how much copper they used when they wound the transformer or how many mosfets are used etc.., which would determine final cost, among other things. and everyone just assumes that the components are cheap in a cheap amp, but they don't really know. they just assume. i know alot of higher-end amps are designed in the u.s. and some are assembled in the u.s., which would drive the cost up. i didn't say sundown was made in the u.s. though, so yeah.

You're really getting on my nerves. Name a lot of amps that are assembled in the us. Go ahead I'll wait

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Are you a woman?

Because this is how arguments with my girl go, I lay out a logical explanation for my argument and it's still just no you're wrong.

The fact of the matter is electrical components have a tolerance and cheap stuff has a looser tolerance level than expensive stuff.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=KxynVPaiG9GlyASXrYCoAw&url=http://www.condoraudio.com/wp-content/uploads/Reviews/How-to-Choose-Replacement-Capacitors-and-Resistors.pdf&ved=0CEsQFjAM&usg=AFQjCNGblNv3oHgNP6zEaeq6DWnRjXLhkw

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

i actually came across a post here on smd a few months back that named some. but there wasn't many. i think fosgate has some made here and some u.s. amps and zed and high-end jl. but regardless, they still use the same small hardware that's in any other amp. all I'm asking is that you guys do a test on componentry from various amps and you'll see that they are all comprised of the same materials.

No they dont.

If you think jl and Pyle use the same components you either hit your head on something or you're on some good drugs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

all I'm asking is that you guys do a test on componentry from various amps and you'll see that they are all comprised of the same materials.

Here you go, it details the construction and output characteristics of the different TYPES AND CLASSES of capacitors.:

http://www.vhaudio.com/21capacitorshootout.pdf

Static drops are my bag.

Archived