Supertweeter mount locations

bmxkid92

Holy thread jack.

Best thing to do is get a long speaker wire from your amp, play some music, and experiment with different locations. Can use double-sided tape to put them in a temp location. People can tell you what they like, but it may not sound good to you in your vehicle. Do a little work, it will pay off later.

i agree sorry didnt mean to steal anybodys thunder just didnt want to start a new thread about something so similar when everybody was already in the same mindset that i was

carry on with original topic

Build Log

1996 chevy suburban

2 zv4 15

kenwood excelon mids and tweeters

kenwood excelon deck

mevhman 370

3 batts all different

mechman avmb II

2 inch squat

33 inch muds

straight pipes

kixker zx series 4ch

sundown amps

memphis 0 gauge

soon to be fu audio c pillar wall

are supertweets worth it or just regular style tweets been thinking about redoing my doors with prv audio mids and super tweets but i love my focals too much

No

what would u recommend doing to the front stage then to get some good clean sound that can get loud

Large format tweeter mounted in the proper location.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

In dash firing at windshield would be my first choice. I had mine placed there and sounded pretty good. Don't fire them at you from the A-pillar as the will be very harsh at loud volume. They look much smaller than my Rockford tweeters so I would rethink and to get them in the doors.

2012 F250 Lariat 6.7, lifted on 22's and 35's

4 DSS Ethos 18's walled tuned low

2 Ampere Audio 7500.1's, Ampere 125.4

Rockford Pro Audio front stage

9 batteries, Mechman Elite 370 alt

Team DSS, Team Ampere Audio

2014 Meca Mod 3 TN State champ / 3rd place Mod 3 World Finals

32d73d87-e373-4a49-8914-d25decfa6dcc_zps

In dash firing at windshield would be my first choice. I had mine placed there and sounded pretty good. Don't fire them at you from the A-pillar as the will be very harsh at loud volume. They look much smaller than my Rockford tweeters so I would rethink and to get them in the doors.

i was going to mount them in my dash but the way my windshield is over the locations i cant even put them in there lol

That are quite a bit smaller than the Fosgate PRO tweets and they aren't terribly deep either. They're a bit heavy but with a bit of MDF or reinforcement, they will fit doors perfectly.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

That are quite a bit smaller than the Fosgate PRO tweets and they aren't terribly do either. They're a bit heavy but with a bit of MDF or reinforcement, they will fit doors perfectly.

Ive never fiberglassed but i want to attempt it. i was gonna do the a pillars but that would be brutal to the ears. and i dont exactly want to do my doors if i got my pro mids in stock location because i dont have a huge need for alot of mid drivers right now. but when i add more and do my doors im going to seal the pocket on the doors and mount two more 6.5s

Remember cutting your dash for that big super bright tweet you may pay for it in the end. I would go to silk more clean and responsive sound. Super tweeters are just super bright super big super on poor sound also.. Good luck keeps us posted on the build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I've got the same car. I'm in the process of glassing 3 6.5 and 1 supertweet to each door.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I've got the same car. I'm in the process of glassing 3 6.5 and 1 supertweet to each door.

thats my plan in the end but Im thinking i may just get 4 silk dome tweeters like another guy suggested so it should be pretty even. my rockford prime series 1 inch tweeters are doing just fine right now but once my build progresses after i get my car mechanically sound i will choose where i go from there.

Archived