Here's a thought: If every time some dipshit came in and posted a vs. thread, everyone would NOT RESPOND TO IT and instead report it, that would take away a lot of the incentive to do it, cause they aren't getting what they want. Some people are going to pull anything they can get away with, and I noticed that by the time a mod locks down a thread, half the time the person has already managed to solicit a half dozen or so opinions. Not directed at the mods, just irks my nerves cause again, it's people not paying attention to the rules.

I wouldn't worry about being called a rentamod. People tend to get butthurt when they get called out and can't think of anything legitimate to respond with.

On a related note, I wonder if the forum has the ability to suspend all threads/posts with certain words in it, like vs. That would surely shut down a lot of the nonsense.

Sounds good and all but when the post get reported and locked then you get a bunch post asking why their post was deleted because they are clearly to dumb or to lazy to figure out why on their own.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So, basically people are stupid, lock their threads, and fuck'em. I can totally deal with that.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

if it evolves to it fine. when you come jn like its tech support its not. no matter how we do it we get shit for it. there are far too many posts to approve during the day and its really not fair to punish all for the actions of a few. its 2014 the internet is not new. online forums are not new. if youre too stupid to post in the right section and follow the rules im too busy to deal with you

Boom

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

You already hit the nail on the head...

People want to be hand feed everything, and are to lazy to look for the simplest answers themselves.

There is a very good search feature on the forums and if you use the advanced search you can thin out the results even better and more on topic for whatever your looking for.

But if people cant do these simple things, what makes you thing making a notification pop up prior to them posting is going to make them read it and do what it says?

The chat room is a perfect example of doing just that.

The chat is meant to hang out in and just shoot the crap with other members and have a good time.

When you click to enter the chatroom a dialog box pops up saying:

"Welcome to SMD Chat. Please be advised this is not a technical based chat for you to receive technical support. This is a place to kick back and shoot the breeze about anything that comes up. Be respectful and keep the butt hurt to a minimum. Furthermore, do not argue with the staff. All actions of the SMD staff are final. Any complaining about chat in the main forum will result in removal of all chat privileges."

You must click the I agree button to enter the chat.

However people still join and ask how to wire this, how to trouble shoot their blown woofers, which of these amps should I buy, etc.

Then once they get kicked, they come on the forums crying about being kicked and say a moderator is abusing powers... But if they took the 3 seconds to read that box that they clicked I agree to they would know why they where kicked.

Its a never ending battle.

I know it's not the point but the message doesnt come up on mobile, just something I've noticed lol

I agree to the blue bar lol

857507AD-E4A4-42F1-BBD9-B5671476C892_zps