Sundown Audio

Sax 125.2 running hot?

Skax

meant to get around to this the other day but didnt have time while i was at work

i recently purcahed a used 125.2 for a semi nice price imo (120$ shipped) im running a cz comp 6.5 set off of it

it seems to get extremly hot after about 5-10 minutes ive checked power, grounds and all no loose hanging wires and impedance is not ran to low any ideas?

1/0 ran from front to back battery then from back battery to the sax 125.2 i have 4ga power and grounds

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

What ohm load, and how were the gains set?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

What ohm load, and how were the gains set?

4 ohm and dd1

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Ever fix your massive voltage drop?

yea thats been fixed lol i dont have a voltage drop at all atm

d3400 up front

werker g31 back

big 3 done

only pushing a planet audio 4000.1 (probally 1k rms tops)

and the sax 125.2

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

I thought I remember hearing that these run hot, but your saying it's getting reallllly hot. Have you checked to make sure the voltage the amp is seeing is the same voltage your seeing on your meter?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I thought I remember hearing that these run hot, but your saying it's getting reallllly hot. Have you checked to make sure the voltage the amp is seeing is the same voltage your seeing on your meter?

yea i heard also they will run a little hot but this is running extremely hot like i cant keep my hand on it more than 4-5 seconds and i havent checked that yet ill check it soon as i get out of school

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

yea i heard also they will run a little hot but this is running extremely hot like i cant keep my hand on it more than 4-5 seconds and i havent checked that yet ill check it soon as i get out of school

Yeah that aint right, that's too hot. Your sub amp is fine though, doesn't get hot?

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah that aint right, that's too hot. Your sub amp is fine though, doesn't get hot?

yep its perfectly fine doesnt even get warm both ran off back batt 4ga power and grounds to the sax 125.2

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Yeah that's weird, they are both off the same distro block then right? Maybe try retuning it?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm