Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Best Port placement in a wall for demos


juan777

Recommended Posts

Posted

All,

I am in the early planning stages of walling my Tahoe right behind the B Pillar so I can still have the leg room I need to drive (Will be my daily driver).

It will be 4 18s on 12K, details are ever-changing currently since this is very early on in the project, but it will be a straight ported wall, no 4th or 6th.

I have heard many walls before and have my own opinions but I'd like to know what other bassheads think.

I will not be competing, this is purely for my enjoyment and for badass demos.

So in your opinion, Where should the port be placed in order to get the best demos? (Loud and clean to the ear, Nasty, nasty hairtricks, air movement etc)

Across the top?, Driver side?, Middle? Other?

P.S. If it all goes well, the new and improved L@zy Hoe will be not only be done but also looking pretty by next year's Heatwave. :wacky:

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

Well most likely 4 HDC418s on 2 BC5500s

Plenty of batts and Alts, I like my voltage high so there will be plenty of electrical going on!

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

Id do a fourth, but haven't seen many done with HDC4. I'd just port driver side. Talk to AMICustoms, he's the SQ go to guy lol.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows


Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch


Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Posted

AMICustoms says 4th orders are a no no for these subs, either way I'm doing a pure ported wall.

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

4ths are terrible for those woofers.

I personally like my shit to be symmetrical, to reduce the possibility of wonky loading inconsistencies and weird window/door position shit.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

Port in the center if you are not chasing numbers.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

Port behind the drivers seat so you can roll up the pass side window and have them in the hot seat

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Posted

Port behind the drivers seat so you can roll up the pass side window and have them in the hot seat

you can still hot seat with a center port. i've seen a 60 outlaw done with 7k and a center port.

Posted

4ths are terrible for those woofers.

I personally like my shit to be symmetrical, to reduce the possibility of wonky loading inconsistencies and weird window/door position shit.

This makes a lot of sense.

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2775 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...