More spl?

Yeeb

How can I get more dbs out of my system? I run two skar 10's vvx series in a sealed box (ported soon) and I polyfilled it. Its up to specs without displacement. I run a hifonics Brutus brx 1600.1 @ 2 ohms 600w rms each @ 14.4 volts and the lowest I drop to is 13v. It is Loud but I see videos of people with them on lower watts that seem to be doubling my DBs. Will a ported box make THAT much of a difference. And should I get my amp tuned with a dd1? I tuned it to no distortion but it is quiet. Then I tune it up and it sounds bad. I have big 3 a kinetik in the back and stock battery up front. A cap as a voltage meter (I'm a cheapo) 2 guage to back battery from xs power. Good grounds and decent speaker wire.

Yes yes! Should I go to specs at 2.5 cubes ported or much larger at about 4-4.5. Or bigger even. Just want to get loudest sound as possible. I have all the room I need to work with. It's in a chevy blazer. And around what tuning should I do? And slot or aero port?

aero ports are louder from what i understand, and if you're going for strictly spl, you could make aero ports that are interchangable so you can play around with tuning frequency.

aero ports aren't louder per say. Pretty much they are more efficient so you can use less port area to receive the same result. They are great if you have limited space, but aren't a magic bullet. IMO just do a slot port. And bighoss is right, spl dust is the shit

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived