bkrieger Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 I have both the 10 and 16 ton from amazon, have made about 50 crimps with the 10 and never an issue. Well shit, what size die do you use on the 10 ton for sky high 1/0 lugs? I used the 70 and the crimp looked liked shit and on the second crimp the die broke. The 16 ton looks a lot more beefy.
timc31610 Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 I used the 70, it did leave a flat edge on both sides of the crimp which I didnt like but it got the job done. The 16 makes the 10 look like a toy...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
pioneerforlife Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 I love sky high, but I will never use those set screw fuse blocks again. I had one under the hood and I was able to get all the wire in but it loosened over time and the wire fell out of the fuse block. And trust me I had it extremely tight. Just sharing my experience anyways ya its hard but you can get all the wire in. 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
timc31610 Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Every set screw terminal I have had has come loose, I use loctite on them all except for on my amps, but I check those regularly. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
bkrieger Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 I used the 70, it did leave a flat edge on both sides of the crimp which I didnt like but it got the job done. The 16 makes the 10 look like a toy...lolThat's what I had a problem with, it was leaving a flat on the sides of the lugs and it looked real ugly. The crimp held tight just looked like shit. I think the 95 mm dies would work great. Thanks for the input
kingsuv Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Sometimes trimming a little bit out of the center of the wire helps slim down the profile Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
bbeljefe Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 Not really on topic but, I don't recommend using set screw style connectors outside the cabin of the vehicle... especially with CCA. No matter how well you install them, they do not seal the connection well and that allows the wire to become corroded rather quickly. CCA corrodes more quickly than copper so it becomes a problem more quickly, not to mention the fact that CCA already has more resistance than copper. And I'm not arguing against using CCA.... but you need to use it properly if you want to get the most out of your system and protect your amps from low voltage. ;-) Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
bkrieger Posted September 17, 2014 Author Report Posted September 17, 2014 Not really on topic but, I don't recommend using set screw style connectors outside the cabin of the vehicle... especially with CCA. No matter how well you install them, they do not seal the connection well and that allows the wire to become corroded rather quickly. CCA corrodes more quickly than copper so it becomes a problem more quickly, not to mention the fact that CCA already has more resistance than copper. And I'm not arguing against using CCA.... but you need to use it properly if you want to get the most out of your system and protect your amps from low voltage. ;-) Yeah I went ahead and ordered the post style fuse holders for under the hood, them set screw style are a pain with sky high 1/0 cca wire. I could not for the life of me fit every strand in there.
timc31610 Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 On my build the only set screw connections will be at the amps on the dual inputs which I will check periodically. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
pioneerforlife Posted September 17, 2014 Report Posted September 17, 2014 For the record the set screw terminal I had from sky high was the waterproof one meant for under the hood. 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.