Sonic Electronix

Will inverting subs do anything to my surround?

Square inches per cubic feet. Surprised nobody could figure out what i meant to say.

That rule should be dead along with the floppy disk.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Square inches per cubic feet. Surprised nobody could figure out what i meant to say.

That rule should be dead along with the floppy disk.

Well you're correct! I am sorry if i came off as saying all setups will loose output with less port area. Still pondering on that his sa15 wont like less port per cube though,especially at subsonic frequencies,unless that is he has too much port per cube to begin with.

You're not understanding that the "per cube" is the part that needs to be completely and utterly left off of any sentence that has any relevance to port area. Port are is not in the least bit determined by the volume of the enclosure.

Also port area "suggested" is determined partly on the tuning frequency and will have the highest velocity at the tuning frequency. If the enclosure is tuned at 45 hz the maximum velocity will be at 45 hz, not 20 or.

Another thing you said is subsonic. There is not a single sound that can travel below the speed of sound.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

You're not understanding that the "per cube" is the part that needs to be completely and utterly left off of any sentence that has any relevance to port area. Port are is not in the least bit determined by the volume of the enclosure.Also port area "suggested" is determined partly on the tuning frequency and will have the highest velocity at the tuning frequency. If the enclosure is tuned at 45 hz the maximum velocity will be at 45 hz, not 20 or.Another thing you said is subsonic. There is not a single sound that can travel below the speed of sound.

Once again, thank you.

I corrected myself aready,stupid error. "Square inches per cubic foot"

The subsonic i was referring to was actually "sub·son·ic" ...(non audible frequencies). Which im probably wrong anyways since it doesnt get non-audible untill the low 20's.

Once again, thank you.

The subsonic i was referring to was actually "sub·son·ic" ...(non audible frequencies). Which im probably wrong anyways since it doesnt get non-audible untill the low 20's.

Lower than 20Hz is known as the infra-sonic frequency range.

Once again, thank you.

AKA the frequencies only BAMF's will play.

(19hz in a trunk car lol wut?)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Once again, thank you.

AKA the frequencies only BAMF's will play.

(19hz in a trunk car lol wut?)

Hell I'm hoping i'll be able to play into the low 20s in a trunk in my next build.

'97 Explorer
2 Sundown SA 15's

SQ 2200D

Kinetik KHC1800 (Front)

Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back)

KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC

130A Alt + Big 3

Archived