"COPS" Crew Member Killed

first episode aired a month before i was born, but I've caught up with every season to current by now, tbh i can't believe it took this long for a crew member to die...

they go to some very dangerous situations, and even small time stuff the camera man is always bookin it right behind the cop, right in the line of fire in case some meth head is packing iron...not to mention the few car accidents involving the officer/crew, one comes to mind where they get t-boned, it was brutal. I was convinced they were all going to the hospital, but then another camera shows them all hopping out just scratched and bruised. Hope his family is cared for and the crew keeps up the great work.

now why would they take them to an armed robbery scene.. why couldn't they wait till everything was done.

I don't think if something is going down like that in the area the police are in any one of them would just say fuck it and not respond because they have the film crew and I doubt the crew would ask to not go. End of the day it's a sad thing but if they didn't respond the robbery suspect could have gotten away and potentially harmed way more than one person in the future. If the guy was willing to shoot it out with police he would have no problem killing anyone else.

ive seen the show before and when shit gets real the crew stays behind

maybe you didnt read the article.. the guy had an air soft pistol.. no way he was going to hurt anyone..

im not saying they shouldnt respond to the call just because they have a camera crew. now that would be a stupid idea.. it seems to me the cops wanted to show off on camera and gave the crew the green light to film the action.. bad idea.. stay behind and take cover would have been the directions the crew would get..

Just watched the tribute episode. Dude was all over the country doing this. Miguel, the police will not disregard a call just because of the COPS crew. Also, he crew members are at their own discretion for the most part as far as where they position themselves and how close they get to the action.

I agree Gunnem, many states have enacted laws like that, just depends on the DA.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived