I hate drivers! Don't you?

Well I have a laptop with a cracked screen, so for the past while it has been sitting hooked up to a monitor. Well it finally came time to wipe it and reinstall the OS. Well I accidentally put the flash drive I was installing off of, int he usb 3.0 slot. So once it reinstalled, it lost all the update information because I could no longer use the usb 3.0. So now I am here with a laptop with a half working screen, no drivers, and no way to figure out what the hardware is to try and get the damn drivers. I have installed speccy and cpuid on the laptop but those provide me with no information so far. Any help on trying to figure out what drivers I need to get the network or ethernet adapter working would be great. That is all I need, from there I can get the rest updated, just need to get to the internet first.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Ah so asking friends on a website is now considered a rant? Lol ok, if I ever need help I will be sure to not ask you. Where would I find this so called model number on a 4+ year old laptop with no stickers on it?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 3 weeks later...

Lol. I'm just messin with you. But its funny you say you won't ask me for help then you proceed to ask me for help.

I would pull the battery off and look for a number there. If that foent work Google the battery model number and see what laptops it goes too and try to narrow down from there

• 3 weeks later...

I do this all the time. What I do is, have an extra PC/Laptop on hand(smartphone works as well) and Flashdrive or card reader. When 1st PC/Laptop have a fresh install of Windows without no drivers and your screen looks all jack up(that's due to no video drivers). On the 2nd machine, go to the manufacturer of your pc and search for your model. Than download all the required drivers for your model then transfer to a flash drive and install all the drivers to your freshly installed Windows. It's more complicated if it's a custom build pc, because you have to go to every manufacturer and download every driver for every components you have in your computer.

Other thing you can do to is, on your pc with the fresh install. Plug in the network via ethernet and see if you can go online. If you could go online, go download and install all the necessary drivers.

edit: I didn't read the 3rd post. Send me a pic of your laptop. I probably can find your make and model on your laptop.

Archived