Second Skin Audio

SoundQubed, how much of a difference?

redwolf2

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'll never trust what soundqubed states if they promote the port per cube along with some other business practice disagreements.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I'll never trust what soundqubed states if they promote the port per cube along with some other business practice disagreements.

You know,i might be wrong about this while thing if he has the aluminum hdc3's. If they are the copper ones,they are actually efficient for a 1.2kw woofer. Even if soundqubes 91.5w/1m translates to something like 85.5 at 8ohm,thats still good efficiency.

I'm not saying efficiency is a non-important parameter, it is, but people look too much at that when there are much more parameters to look at for what job you want.

I bet you will notice a ton.

I went from 2k Watts on a Sundown Z v.3 12 to 3.5k watts and it sounded a TON louder and i gained 2.0 DB'S on the meter.

you gained 2db on the meter, with a "1.5k" addition?

jesus, if anything, that shows your lower power design sucked.......

show me the meter pics of the 2k run and then adding the 3.5.

Also, what number was the 2k ? mid 40db?

Im not being a cock,.. im here to learn also. And i know you know what your doing.

But bro, in the real real world..... 2db on the meter..... with only adding "that" much power... its suspect

If you went larger on the power, only, you would drop on voltage, and it COULD be even steven.

steal from peter, to pay paul.... ya know?

Show me your term lab results. And not asking like a penis.

I may be a dick later.

I bet you will notice a ton.

I went from 2k Watts on a Sundown Z v.3 12 to 3.5k watts and it sounded a TON louder and i gained 2.0 DB'S on the meter.

you gained 2db on the meter, with a "1.5k" addition?

jesus, if anything, that shows your lower power design sucked.......

show me the meter pics of the 2k run and then adding the 3.5.

Also, what number was the 2k ? mid 40db?

Im not being a cock,.. im here to learn also. And i know you know what your doing.

But bro, in the real real world..... 2db on the meter..... with only adding "that" much power... its suspect

If you went larger on the power, only, you would drop on voltage, and it COULD be even steven.

steal from peter, to pay paul.... ya know?

Show me your term lab results. And not asking like a penis.

I may be a dick later.

This was like a year ago, who knows if I still have the pictures, but i have someone on this forum that was there with me when it happened that can confirm it.

The only thing we did was change the wiring from 4 ohms to 1 ohm on my T2500bdCP.

It was 142.4-144.4

actually...if i feel like it tomorrow, the facebook group that runs the comps might have my scores. because the first comp i believe i did 142, and the second one i did the 144.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

I really doubt you will hear much of a difference like Krakin said. You might feel a difference though or notice stuff is vibrating more. You may run into issues with power compression as you increase power. diminishing returns or less return per watt past a certain point. But even then that's too one dimensional. There's a ton of factors that go into the whole acoustical characteristics of your car and system. Really unless someone has had the exact same setup as you it's a shot in the dark, but I would be willing to bet you will gain a decent bit. maybe not night and day but noticeable.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Single HDC3 15 Aluminum is what I'm running, not an HDS or copper. Aluminum being the one that can handle more power.

And I think I'll just go for it and I'll let y'all's know. I doubt I'll find someone with the same set up (refer to my build post)

Next step, Alternator! Then batteries! Then an order from Soundqubed of some deadener, 6.5s, an amp to drive them, and a 2200!

Figure I should build the electrical system before getting everything so I'm not tempted (and by tempted I mean most definitely) to put everything in and fry shit up.

On a positive note, got a tap out the other day (whatta puss), apparently the bass rattled his brain and made him feel dumb for a couple hours. Never heard that before.

And then he tried to play Decaf on his single JL 12 the next day in a prefab and cooked his sub. Was quite a mess when I took it apart to show him what went wrong (and then turned his amp down because everything was cranked) so he wouldn't blow his new Blaupunkt sub.

Once again, there will be no difference.

Anything you think you hear different will bee psychosomatic exactly the same as a placebo pill.

Your mind will want to believe that you got louder to justify the amount of money you just spent doing nothing.

Archived