Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

SoundQubed, how much of a difference?


redwolf2

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I've got my SoundQubed HDC3 15 (alum dual 2) running on an Audioque 1200, how much of a difference would I notice going to a SQ 2200? Would it be worth the upgrade? (Seeing as it'd require a bigger alt, and a d3400, and all new wiring)

I know SQ says to get loud do that, and I feel the subs not really working much on the amp it's on. Are we talking noticeable difference?

Thanks.

Posted

Just the name

Edit: You would notice quite a bit. You are adding 1000+w going from a 1200 to a 2200

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Posted

That's almost doubling your power, you'll definately notice a difference. Just make sure gains and subsonic are set properly.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

I went from 4K to 6K on my HDC418s and it definitely made a difference, more air more nuts all around

The L@zy Hoe

 

 

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

 

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

 

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

 
Posted

I went from 750 watts to 2k watts on a mayhem and it's a huge difference. You should notice a pretty big difference. I think it's worth the money even for the 2-3 dbs

03 Sable LS

AA mayhem 12" D2

Sundown ZV4 12" D1

Tantric HD 12" D2

Tantric SHD 12" D1

Sundown X12 V2 D2

2.5 cu net

Sundown 2000d @ 1 ohm

XS Power XP2000

Sky High Sound Deadener

Sky High wire

Stock alt

Posted

You won't notice a difference, if you do it will be absolutely minimal.

Doubling power doesn't mean you get much louder at all.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Alright thanks guys! I've got some ordering to do and then I'll continue on from my build thread. (Assuming people actually care to see lol, it's a lot of extra work if I don't get any views or input :P

Posted

If you gain purely based off of added power, you will gain around 2-2.8 dB.

The average difference in perceived sound levels is a minimal around 3 decibels.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

If you cant hear a difference going from underpowered to properly powered on a 91db per watt subwoofer then idk what to say. Pretty sure you will hear the difference right away. Might not be much but surley a difference

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...