Second Skin Audio

Is there any woofer out there that can...

Totalnoob

Hey guys i am looking for some sub woofers not too expensive (nothing more than $300 a pop...even cheaper would be better) that can absolutely crush the lows down to 23hz, but can also play up to 50hz loud on about 2000 watts rms total. I am a huge fan of the lower frequencies in songs i could care less for anything above 55hz playing loud on my woofers.

I have about 6 cubes total to work with because it is going into a trunk.

Im guessing they would have to be 12s with that amount of space. Your probably thinking of course there is woofers out there that can crush the lows...but they are probably 18 inch woofers..i can only fit 12's in my trunk. Now i am looking for some subs that can move with 1000 watts rms each because i know some woofers are rated way below and don't even move much on recommended power.

Let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

Fi Q 12 tuned low will suit your needs well and you'll support a company that makes everything in house instead and has knowledge on their equipment.

18's can play the same frequencies as 10's, you also have "lows crushing" 10's.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

You've been taught wrong. Size difference as no relation with how "low" something can play. lol.

It's going to come down to the enclosure and application. From 23hz to 55hz, that's a pretty big bandwith you're asking for. I would do 2 DSS Ethos 12s with the space you have available. Their about 300$ to the door, require small space: 1.5 cuft net EACH. I would suggest making a strong box, 2" all around, tune to 29 or 30hz, and about 80-100cuin of port.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

You've been taught wrong. Size difference as no relation with how "low" something can play. lol.

It's going to come down to the enclosure and application. From 23hz to 55hz, that's a pretty big bandwith you're asking for. I would do 2 DSS Ethos 12s with the space you have available. Their about 300$ to the door, require small space: 1.5 cuft net EACH. I would suggest making a strong box, 2" all around, tune to 29 or 30hz, and about 80-100cuin of port.

Or the the DSS ethos is also a very good choice.

But I disagree, with the box, 2 inch all around is unneccessary, 1 inch all around or even .75 inch with a double baffle and good/ a lot of window bracing.(google the term if you aren't sure what that means)

1.5 cu ft net and a tuning of 29hz is a good start, but If he really wants to play down to 23Hz with authority, a tuning of 26Hz and a 1.7cu ft net enclosure with about the same port area 90-100cu ft would work better.

But the better way would be modelling the subwoofer in modelling software.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Any sub can get low if you build the box right. Some better than others though.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Or the the DSS ethos is also a very good choice.

But I disagree, with the box, 2 inch all around is unneccessary, 1 inch all around or even .75 inch with a double baffle and good/ a lot of window bracing.(google the term if you aren't sure what that means)

1.5 cu ft net and a tuning of 29hz is a good start, but If he really wants to play down to 23Hz with authority, a tuning of 26Hz and a 1.7cu ft net enclosure with about the same port area 90-100cu ft would work better.

But the better way would be modelling the subwoofer in modelling software.

agreed.

165db with 237 DC Volts

6 15" SSA Evils

3 HV Taramps T60k @.33

18 XS Power D3400s

Add me on SC, FB, IG, and YT @ Sencheezy

Archived