BigMike916 Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 I want to install door speakers, tweeters, and 8" midbass drivers in my doors without using the crossover boxes they come with. (the 8's do not come with Xovers). Can I just use my Pioneer Stage 4 deck with 31 bands of EQ pre channel(8 channels) to adjust each speaker's input frequency without using the Xovers provided? I will use seperate amps for the tweets, 5-1/4's, 6-1/2's and 8" midbass. I have 8 Focal tweeters tkn71's ( i think the number is ) from the KRX2 POWER sets. 4 KRX2 power 6-1/2 mids, 4 JL audio ZR tweets, 4 JL Audio ZR 5-1/4 mids and 4 JL Audio ZR 8" midbass woofers, all for my front doors. (actually 4 Focal tweets and 2 Focal 6-1/2 mids are for the back doors). I have 2 - JL HD600 4 channels, 1 - Rockford t1000-4ad and a WET SOUNDS SINISTER SD4 - 4 channel amp that is rated at 370w RMS X 4. Can I run my mids and highs without using the provided Xovers by using my deck and amp's Xover adjustments, or should I (need to) use the supplied Xovers for everything except the 8" midbass?
OrionStang Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 Didn't you already make a thread like this? One where plenty of answers were given? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
gckless Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 Oh, one like this? http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191727-how-to-crossover-boxes-or-no-boxes/ "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
_paralyzed_ Posted September 24, 2014 Report Posted September 24, 2014 Why would you mix all those drivers together?
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 Why would you mix all those drivers together? What do you mean? Mix JL with Focal?
BigMike916 Posted September 25, 2014 Author Report Posted September 25, 2014 Didn't you already make a thread like this? One where plenty of answers were given? Yes I did, sorry. Just created the account yesterday and didnt know what i was doing and accidentally did it twice. Was excited to be a member I guess.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.