Second Skin Audio

First Ported Build Alpine SWR-12D2 (Need Help)

EraOfDiscovery

He mentioned his amps Joe. Pioneer GM D8601. He didn't mention the voice cool configuration of his subs though to determine final ohm load at each amp.

I missed that these were the Gen5 subs that like a bit smaller box. I doubt the subs will fall on their face with 2 cubes a piece. At least not that's noticeable with every day listening. Low end extension should benefit from the extra air. And what are we taking about as far as that much "extra"? .25-.50 over suggested per sub? You and I know that the purpose of a ported enclosure IS to be peaky by nature. That's the whole point and purpose of design with a ported enclosure to get that bump around tuning.

The subs have awesome Xmech (missed the subsequent post where he mentions the amps, 800W per driver each @ 1 ohm).

OP I see you lost in calculations, "end correction", don't worry about it, Torres takes care of the end correction, If you were running sealed I can already tell you your bottom end was lacking, those amps are meh and with little effort will fail is slightly misused. BTW you will never be overpowering since the amps will provide 800W RMS to each sub @ 1 ohm each.

What music do you listen? you are not getting as loud as you want or what's the problem or problems? how's your electrical? Also if going single chamber you will need to gain match, are you familiar with that? This is the kind of stuff one needs to know to issue an opinion on how are your specs.

OP I see you lost in calculations, "end correction", don't worry about it, Torres takes care of the end correction, If you were running sealed I can already tell you your bottom end was lacking, those amps are meh and with little effort will fail is slightly misused. BTW you will never be overpowering since the amps will provide 800W RMS to each sub @ 1 ohm each.

What music do you listen? you are not getting as loud as you want or what's the problem or problems? how's your electrical? Also if going single chamber you will need to gain match, are you familiar with that? This is the kind of stuff one needs to know to issue an opinion on how are your specs.

I listen to Electronic/Rap/Rock. A little mix of everything. I don't really use the subs for rock, I use them for when I need bass and am mainly going for a ported box to get a little more output and low end extention. At the moment I was planning on doing a divided chamber, and yes I am familiar with gain matching, the amps gains are both set equal right now in the sealed box. And right now with the electrical I can just turn them up to the point where you cant hear people talking in the vehicle when I can tell I'm putting stress on the electical, like the lights slightly dimming. But I am planning on doing "The BIG 3" upgrade soon. As for the extra airspace with these being 5th gen, would you recommend going a little smaller on the airspace? or will they be okay with the 2.24 cubic foot?

-Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...

He mentioned his amps Joe. Pioneer GM D8601. He didn't mention the voice cool configuration of his subs though to determine final ohm load at each amp.

I missed that these were the Gen5 subs that like a bit smaller box. I doubt the subs will fall on their face with 2 cubes a piece. At least not that's noticeable with every day listening. Low end extension should benefit from the extra air. And what are we taking about as far as that much "extra"? .25-.50 over suggested per sub? You and I know that the purpose of a ported enclosure IS to be peaky by nature. That's the whole point and purpose of design with a ported enclosure to get that bump around tuning.

The subs are dual 2 like stated, each sub is wired parallel for a final load of 1 ohm per sub to amp. And like I told Joe, I can cut the airspace down if the output will lack because of too much airspace.

-Just trying to make the world a louder place, one decibel at a time...

• 1 month later...

Archived