Second Skin Audio

Swapping woofers. 14cf, 7cf per side. 4x4x14 port x2

BigMike916

I have a very clean setup(installed in 1999) with 4 jl audio 15w3v1 in 1 14cf box, 7cf per side, for 3.5cf that each woofer needs. 2 separate chambers with 2 woofers per side. Ported with a square port, 4''x4''x14", one for each chamber. I am running a diamond audio 1600 watt D7402. I would like to use 4-SMD 18" woofers, or 4 15" DC woofers, The highest level I can put in this box. I want to upgrade the amp(s) to fosgates or DC's. How much modification do you think will be needed? Can I just change the port sizes and keep my box? Should I remove the baffle and make one massive 14cf enclosure and change/relocate the ports? Its in a 94 blazer full size 2 door, or should I build a new box (very similar to Mead's tahoe)? I really hope that I can just mod mine a little, or will the mods be more work than just starting fresh?

Ok sounds like time to build a new one. Thanks for slapping yourself, now I dont have to.

Ok sounds like time to build a new one. Thanks for slapping yourself, now I dont have to.

its true, why would you think 4 18s would fit in a bax built for 4 15s?

you build the box for the woofer

Archived