BigMike916 Posted September 28, 2014 Report Posted September 28, 2014 I have a very clean setup(installed in 1999) with 4 jl audio 15w3v1 in 1 14cf box, 7cf per side, for 3.5cf that each woofer needs. 2 separate chambers with 2 woofers per side. Ported with a square port, 4''x4''x14", one for each chamber. I am running a diamond audio 1600 watt D7402. I would like to use 4-SMD 18" woofers, or 4 15" DC woofers, The highest level I can put in this box. I want to upgrade the amp(s) to fosgates or DC's. How much modification do you think will be needed? Can I just change the port sizes and keep my box? Should I remove the baffle and make one massive 14cf enclosure and change/relocate the ports? Its in a 94 blazer full size 2 door, or should I build a new box (very similar to Mead's tahoe)? I really hope that I can just mod mine a little, or will the mods be more work than just starting fresh?
audiofanaticz Posted September 29, 2014 Report Posted September 29, 2014 I have a dream............. 4 smd 18s in a 14 cf box that is built for some 15inch w3s......... Yea.....sounds like that would be a great idea. I say do it!
BigMike916 Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 Ok sounds like time to build a new one. Thanks for slapping yourself, now I dont have to.
ToNasty Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Ok sounds like time to build a new one. Thanks for slapping yourself, now I dont have to. Ok sounds like time to build a new one. Thanks for slapping yourself, now I dont have to. its true, why would you think 4 18s would fit in a bax built for 4 15s? you build the box for the woofer ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Kyblack76 Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 I was thinking more about power. Either way, it's a shit load of money. Subs amps, elec for all. To hell with the box?!? Ya know? There should be a pipe dream thread on here ... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.