Need help with the front stage

SQL50

I understand what your goal is, which is 3-way upfront. You need to be able to have a HU or Processer to achieve that. And as much as I love RF products I think you will get a good sound from Punch series equipment but not a SQ set up IMO. And I don't know about using Pro audio with comps with out really good EQ-ing. I am no expert by any means though. Just my 2 cents. I wish RF would make a dedicated mid bass driver that wasn't pro audio or a sub. But a think the slim P3 is a good possibility for mid Bass drivers. Its was Steve did in the Lexus. ?

I understand what your goal is, which is 3-way upfront. You need to be able to have a HU or Processer to achieve that. And as much as I love RF products I think you will get a good sound from Punch series equipment but not a SQ set up IMO. And I don't know about using Pro audio with comps with out really good EQ-ing. I am no expert by any means though. Just my 2 cents. I wish RF would make a dedicated mid bass driver that wasn't pro audio or a sub. But a think the slim P3 is a good possibility for mid Bass drivers. Its was Steve did in the Lexus. ?

Sorry for the double post. I believe with a 5.25 midrange drive the tweeters should be mounted fairly close to the midrange drivers unless your able to Time Align your components. Giving active is not for the beginner and takes time to tune properly.

Your 3-way front stage would be a lot of work to set up and cost a bit of $. You would need 3 2 ch amps to run everything, or a 4 ch for comps and a 2 ch for mid bass plus a sub amp if your running subs.

Other high end brands make great affordable 3-way speakers with crossovers and all you would need is a good 2 ch amp. I just saying, tons of planning to go into what your asking. Don't get me wrong.. fun as hell.

Man I'm just looking to get it right the first time, I hate spending money when your just gonna change it 3-4 months down the road saying the install or product isn't good enough.. I know the products quality, it's all about having the right setup. I appreciate all the feedback as I like learning new things, it would be sweet if a jeep owner would chime in. I'm not saying any of you guys information has not been helpful, it has helped tremendously.

Archived