rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 Idk if its a game changer and maybe that some people have an idea of this already. My box was rising from .7 to 4 on music and I had been complaining about that rise. I was told that the rise was a good thing because it shows that you have efficiency left to gain. Hypothetically if you were to rise from 1 ohm to 4 ohms you would be seeing a certain power. Now you add more power to that and you should see a smaller rise. Now this is telling you that by adding the power you have come closer to that max efficiency that your box can handle. He tells me that if you were to add more power and not have a lower impedance rise then you had maxed out on what you box can handle with that power and subs. I have so much more to this, but I'll just hit the main point Also side note strapping amps doesn't split impedance seen by each amp...
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 Impedance rises with enclosure volume, efficiency rises with volume. Impedance is lowest (or very near) at tuned frequency, a port is most efficient at tuned frequency. There has already been a very informative thread on this lately, someone find it and post it. damn you are right on with that. I haven't seen said thread. please link.
Krakin Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 If anything was game changing that came about on an online forum it might be the very first. If anything has been figured out on this is has most likely been in use for a decade or more. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 Well fail, I did Didn't say it was a game changer looking back Just looking for some discussion on it....
Krakin Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 I believe it is somewhere in here. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191828-infinitely-variable-ohm-load-is-box-rise-obsolete/ Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.