rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 So I have a proposition for guys. Talking to someone about my enclose, he told me that box rise was good. He has a very good argument to this its just not a blind proposal. So please see if any of you guys can give me feed back is box rise good?
hdorre Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 If you're wired in the dirt, then I agree. You lose distortion while gaining efficiency. I believe you gain headroom too. However, theres the obvious downfall of less power. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 If you're wired in the dirt, then I agree. You lose distortion while gaining efficiency. I believe you gain headroom too. However, theres the obvious downfall of less power. His reasons have to do with enclosure and how efficient it is. He said wiring to 2 ohms compared to wiring to 1 wont change this at all
OrionStang Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 If you're wired in the dirt, then I agree. You lose distortion while gaining efficiency. I believe you gain headroom too. However, theres the obvious downfall of less power. His reasons have to do with enclosure and how efficient it is. He said wiring to 2 ohms compared to wiring to 1 wont change this at all Just fucking spill it, dude. What did he say? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
rocking.that.eclipse Posted October 6, 2014 Author Report Posted October 6, 2014 I want to see what everyone thinks is a good reason. Also I've got some other big game changing info to that I may spill down the line Depends on how this thread goes
OrionStang Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Ok. Waiting for the game changer. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
iwannabeloud Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Did he talk to you about how the impedance curve effects the damping factor? I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.
ChevyBoy95 Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Stop beating around the bush and fucking say it. Jesus. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
philrab Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Already lost interest. OP wants to play coy while asking for opinions. 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
Krakin Posted October 6, 2014 Report Posted October 6, 2014 Impedance rises with enclosure volume, efficiency rises with volume. Impedance is lowest (or very near) at tuned frequency, a port is most efficient at tuned frequency. There has already been a very informative thread on this lately, someone find it and post it. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.