Metered the truck for the first time last weekend

might give subs firing up and ported towards the passenger side a try.. works relatively well for a 2 12's setup in trucks

This but ports should be firing towards the drivers side, not the passenger side. For SPL port towards drivers side has always metered better in every vehicle I've tested that style orientation with.

Alright! this is discussion I like! keep em coming lol

everything's appreciated :drink40:

i've tried every port orientation imaginable in my s-10.. for metering on the passenger side firing towards to passenger side has always been louder

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

oh also mines an aero port firing along the bottom so for a slot i'd do the bottom as well

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

I might modify this box, I can get pass side port at the bottom and subs up if I put a new baffle on the front to cover the sub holes, and then remeter.

Thanks for the help guys, I wouldn't have thought of pass side port.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

• 3 weeks later...

So to update this, I did in fact redo the port and sub oreintation. I went from 11.2 in/foot of port tuned to 30 hz to 14.7 in/foot of port tuned to 36 hz and have the port firing towards the pass side rear door and subs facing the roof.

Hopefully I can remeter tomorrow with pioneerforlife, but after a couple hours of playtime and having a buddy listen to it. The concensus is that it sounds much much better.

I have gained some power handling in the subs, I can now play well into the high 40hz range, but get this, it will now play down to 26hz with more authority and is able to play down to 23hz (although it does drop off after 26hz) so even if it meters worse than before, it sounds better and that's my main concern, with spl #'s more as a curiosity

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

• 2 weeks later...

I see he didn't update this lol. Well with the modified box, it meters about the same. But it sounds so much better. He tuned higher but can play lower lol.

I think it just has to do with the way the port is firing (towards the door). This truck has been difficult imo. Everytime I hear it its louder but meters exactly

the same haha.

but the modified box is killin it (and killin the back window lol)

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

im surprised it meters the same... anytime i've tested port up port to the side has always been louder with 2 12's lol

Thought I updated this, whoops my bad lol but hey it is what it is with the meter. It sounds a lot better and the bandwidth is much larger.

Iirc the rta on the term lab was relatively flat at 1/4 volume from 30-50hz, didn't really want to crank on them during the test tones anymore than I had too, because I have literally beat the shit out of these subs lol

All this setup has to do now is last till next summer :) P4L knows why .

Brandon

System:

USalts 390amp Hairpin

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived