Second Skin Audio

Orion's Tests

Now I know many of you will say "of course they say their the best" and to be honest, I agree with you. But I just thought this was an interesting test run complete with failure times and reasons as to why they failed. http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Promos/HCCA_C...ge_Results.aspx

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I would like to see some independent testing :rolleyes:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

about the only advantage I see with the orion HCCA is the 4" VC. that might be why they are surviving better. all the other subs they tested have 3" VC's

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

and the fact that all but one of the woofers it was pitted against was built to take more than a 1000 watts rms ...of course the W7 the 9500 and the T1 are going to blow a 3000 watts when their only rated at 1000 rms

1 Fi Sp4 18

Crescendo 2k

selenium mids

audioque supertweets

Hifonics for mids and and highs

1/0 power and grounds

---> on the way singer alt and possibly another

2k depending how sub likes 1 2k

I'd like to know what they actually sounded like. I mean it's cool to test and see what they will do upon gobs of power but who really cares? What if you can get the same sound from a sub like the jl and it only played for a few minutes? I guess what does it truly prove?

How about the small ass box it was in compared to the others?

I would like to see recommended box, same tunning at the same time, by an outside source.

Hell send me the subs, I'll test them.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'd like to see it in ported enclosures plus a Kicker solo x in a sealed enclouse what a dog shite test that is.

I have 2 orion HCCA 15.4's in a ported box, net volume is 3cf per chamber and tuned to 35Hz. Im pushing them with a rockford T30001BD so there only getting about 1700w rms each @ 1ohm. They are very loud, and at moderate volume they are pretty crisp and deep. ITs enough to turn what was a solid review mirror into a limp noodle. and my sunroof will now pop open on its own so i have to be carfull in the car wash lol

2 Orion HCCA 15.4's

half wall setup with backseat out

3cf per chamber tuned to 35Hz

145.3DB @38Hz in DB Drag Super Street 1-2

Rockford T30001BD

Hifonics BXI 1006 2-channel

200amp alternator

0ga welding cable power & ground (the big 3)

Two runs of positive

Optima RedTop upfront

2 Interstate SRM-27 marine batteries in trunk

JVC deck and Phoenix Gold line driver

Rockford Fosgate T162C in front doors

Rockford Fosgate T162C in custom fiberglass pods

Rockford Fosgate T1692C in stock location

More fosgate component speakers to come

I do not agree with the test amplification being computerized Crown amplifiers. It is very easy to disengage the Low Cut Filter which will allow subsonic frequencies to be fed to the woofer, a hazardous practice at best. Suicide at worst. There is no proof that all amplifiers were running at the same level with the same settings at all. I would actually believe them if they ran Power Amplifiers, not all in one solutions. All on unity gain (0 db), all with a low cut filter at 25hz, with all amplifiers fed from a proper splitter, such as a foldback split or one of Klark-Tekniks splitters.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320