Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

3 subs, 2 amps


Kade

Recommended Posts

Posted

Don't ask for trouble, get 3 D2 subs and a single amp to run them all at 1.3 ohm. Simple works best.

What kind of wattage would I be looking for? 1500 @ 1ohm?

Since you can only wire 3 D2 subs to 1.3 ohm (for common 1 ohm stable amps) I'd suggest an amp that can deliver at least 2K@1ohm that will push around the 1500 W @ 1.3 ohm you need.

Posted

You can't run different power to the subs if there in the same box.

I noticed your typo, fixed for you.

Shit lol thanks. Didn't realize it. Definitely do not do that.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol
Posted

You can't run different power to the subs if there in the same box.

I noticed your typo, fixed for you.

Shit lol thanks. Didn't realize it. Definitely do not do that.

Didn't realize it was a typo, hence my reaction.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

 

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Posted

You can't run different power to the subs if there in the same box.

I noticed your typo, fixed for you.

Shit lol thanks. Didn't realize it. Definitely do not do that.

Didn't realize it was a typo, hence my reaction.

tbh, i wasn't positive either but I figured I'd still correct it regardless lol.

Posted

You can't run different power to the subs if there in the same box.

I noticed your typo, fixed for you.

Shit lol thanks. Didn't realize it. Definitely do not do that.

Didn't realize it was a typo, hence my reaction.

tbh, i wasn't positive either but I figured I'd still correct it regardless lol.

u dun want 2 run 2 diff subs with 1 sub

jus run tha 2 subs wit 2 amps n call it a dizay

Posted

You can't run different power to the subs if there in the same box.

I noticed your typo, fixed for you.

Shit lol thanks. Didn't realize it. Definitely do not do that.
Didn't realize it was a typo, hence my reaction.

Thanks for the concern.. Lol.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6242 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...